Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'm defending him on it because people are being absolutely pathetic about it

lol, okie doke

He's being called "scum" for essentially moving to a job with a bigger company for more money. I assume you've stuck with the paper round you got when you were 10 for your entire professional life?

You've completely missed the point if you think this.

I've missed nothing apart from the memo that it was okay to personally abuse someone who has been offered the deal of a lifetime

Yes, I'm sure he'll be sobbing all the way to the bank. Come off it mate, whatever he is, he's not a victim

Nobody said he was. That doesn't make that kind of behaviour any less pathetic from Villa fans though. If Blues fans were puiling the same crap they'd be getting laughed at on here

Blues fans would be getting laughed at on here even if we were in a division below them. We're not better human beings, either, so I don't know why you're putting 'Villa fans' on some kind of pedestal. 

And you say nobody said he was a victim, but I've just read 35 pages of updates with you regularly complaining about people calling him names (just before you told another that you were ashamed to be from the same species as him). That's treating him as a victim. 

We're football fans. We're in it for the highs, and though no-one wants to hear it right now, for the lows as well. Calling people names is an expression of that emotion. Get over it. 

1st post (after years of lurking here!)

Disappointed in Delph, but not overly concerned about the loss if this goes through. While he is an industrious midfielder here is still a fair amount lacking (goals in particular). Have faith that sherwood will find a more than able long term replacement (along side gueye)

Edited by Beeky
  • Like 4

Fabian Delph you are in for a rude awakening you are defo not good enough to command a regular starting place at citeh, I hope you are happy with your decision but you are making a massive mistake. Ladies and gents hopefully we will be like saintsa last year ose lodsa good players and replace them with better bye Delph I would say thanks for the memories but you have done piss all.

When all is said and done delph is going to a club who will play in champions league next season, he will be in a team challenging for the league, he will win trophies in the next few seasons, something that he wouldn't have done at aston villa for the foreseeable future.

It hurts, but nothing like when bosnich walked out, Georgie B and Southgate went to boro and even mellberg **** off on a free.

I'll soon get over delph leaving, infact I'm forgetting his running with the ball before shooting into the corner flag already.

Fans don't normally believe that players will be loyal these days, but that's because players dont usually run their mouths' like Delph did when he signed his contract.

The only thing he has proved is that loyalty in football is dead.

Please tell me when loyalty did exist?
Until 1992.
And yet twenty three years later, fans still hilariously believe that footballers will be loyal.

Well it's funny because Delph's comments are the first time in years I've heard anything of the sort and gave me a slight glimmer of hope. I'll know now to never listen to anyone in the game again.

• Like 4

Folks lets not worry about delph leaving lets look at the facts he has never set the world alight, hes looked good but not class because he has had utter dross next to him. Delph will learn the lesson that sinclair learnt and he might be alittle disapointed but I for one will not miss him 1 bit. Off the top of your head think of great things delph has done I can think of 1 that goal away to saints when we won 3-2 think it was last year apart from that he has done more than others but nothing stands out, Fabian Delp aston villa skipper you must be joking.

Well it's funny because Delph's comments are the first time in years I've heard anything of the sort and gave me a slight glimmer of hope. I'll know now to never listen to anyone in the game again.

Yeah, I have a really strong view that footballers are absolute mercenary...I have no problem with that, they're human and a lot of money is involved.  But I take it as an accepted fact within myself you couldn't trust any of them.

But Delphs message to the fans, and actually signing a contract even though he could have left did have me thinking.  And I may have even slipped my guard, and believed it a little (whilst being cynical in the back of my mind...it was suppressed by my heart).

Just goes to show the head was right all along, people on these sums of money have no loyalty to anything but the money...or more money.  If it wasn't for Villa, having these chances to be this filthy rich may have brought out the worst in me.

Anyway, maybe now he expects to be a dad he just fancies a bit of maternity leave.  He'll have plenty of that at city.

• Like 3

When all is said and done delph is going to a club who will play in champions league next season, he will be in a team challenging for the league, he will win trophies in the next few seasons, something that he wouldn't have done at aston villa for the foreseeable future.

It hurts, but nothing like when bosnich walked out, Georgie B and Southgate went to boro and even mellberg **** off on a free.

I'll soon get over delph leaving, infact I'm forgetting his running with the ball before shooting into the corner flag already.

Haha so true...can't see why anyone would be annoyed at this, he's an average top flight midfielder and I'm amazed Citeh want him

His overall career with Villa was slightly better than mediocre. Doesnt score goals, and really until last year, gave the ball away far too often. Let him go warm their bench, I'll take a hungry younger player instead. Cant help but think Gil will stay now, and Clark will be captain, which he should have been all along.

Fans don't normally believe that players will be loyal these days, but that's because players dont usually run their mouths' like Delph did when he signed his contract.

I agree with this massively what a numpty he looks now saying villa was his club get out of the villa asap you piece of work

His overall career with Villa was slightly better than mediocre. Doesnt score goals, and really until last year, gave the ball away far too often. Let him go warm their bench, I'll take a hungry younger player instead. Cant help but think Gil will stay now, and Clark will be captain, which he should have been all along.

Lets hope clark cleans delph out like he did against ulloa in the leicester home game. Go on clark lad do him lol

• Like 2

It is just another example incompetent the current regime under Lerner has been

Had Delph been offered a new contract 18 months ago, there could have been a release clause of 3 times the amount. So if he was still to leave, we'd be in a much stronger financial position to rebuild.

Now the club, and Sherwood in particular, will be under immense pressure to replace one our best players and an England regular with a far more limited budget (assuming there is no take over)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â