Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'm defending him on it because people are being absolutely pathetic about it

lol, okie doke

He's being called "scum" for essentially moving to a job with a bigger company for more money. I assume you've stuck with the paper round you got when you were 10 for your entire professional life?

You've completely missed the point if you think this.

I've missed nothing apart from the memo that it was okay to personally abuse someone who has been offered the deal of a lifetime

Yes, I'm sure he'll be sobbing all the way to the bank. Come off it mate, whatever he is, he's not a victim

Nobody said he was. That doesn't make that kind of behaviour any less pathetic from Villa fans though. If Blues fans were puiling the same crap they'd be getting laughed at on here

Like many others have said, I don't feel angry with him for wanting to go to a team challenging for honours year in year out, but for him to say what he did and then leave at the drop of a hat hurts, really hurts.

This transfer window became a lot more important....

has a bit of a Stewart Downing about him

Isn't he is Portugal? You'd think he'd wait till at least after the training camp

He's at home because he's missus has given birth, that's what's started the media frenzy, then the betting, then this story broke around 5pm tonight

Well he's going get booed when he sits on the bench at his next 4 visits to villa park

Benteke next ..... we really are a small club

He's been in a relegation struggle for every year he's been here pretty much, did you expect him to stay when courted by a CL club for much more money? This isnt Downing leaving after one good season. Good luck to him.

Can someone please explain the reason for all the certainty that Delph is leaving? Has he said so himself or are we basing it on rumours from Twitter, Journos etc?

It's on the BBC website mate. Medical tommorow.

Cheers Supernova.

I'm glad he signed that new deal just because we will get some money for him but, it really does stick in your throat how he spouted all that crap about loyalty and him being Villa etc. Anyone with an ounce of integrity would feel bad about that, possibly to the point of an explanation, but you get the sense that players just don't give a toss as long as they get more money.

Fabian, for your lack of loyalty, I hope you enjoy being Ya Ya's protective cover for the games before Champions League days. Enjoy the earlier rounds of the cups too. I hope you lose your place in the England team so you get more free time to spend your extra earnings.

Oh great.

I don't want Grealish to ever, ever, ever play for England or he will be gone within a year.

Modern football is a total joke and I hate it all.

We are drifting towards August with our captain and star player almost certain to leave with no real solid progress on the takeover.

Next season could be another classic then.

Any sniff of positivity at Villa always disappears into the air it seems.

• Like 2

Hopefuly Clark get to show him what commitment to Villa is

This is the player who only has 12 months left on his contract?

And isn't Premier League quality.

Yes, he definitely is. Silly comment. 

I'm hugely disappointed in him. It's crap like this that makes you wonder why you bother investing your time, money and most importantly your emotions in these players when they can say one thing one day and do the complete opposite a few months later. I don't begrudge him his move to Man City but after what he said it is so hard to swallow.

It is not just about Delph though is it. Man City is now a huge step up from Aston Villa. We are not even remotely close to them as they are in a different stratosphere. Where as only 4 or 5 clubs in this country were a step up from us not so long ago you can now put that figure in double figures and for this club with its fantastic history, tradition and fan base that just can't be right.

The disappointing this is that it was only 5 years ago or so we were on a par with Man. City, even after their takeover. We were spending serious money ourselves and both of us were finishing in the top 6.

It's a bit different to Arsenal rapidly overtaking us from the mid 90s and also Chelsea accelerated away as soon as Abramovich turned up.

Yes I suppose we were always fighting a losing battle v Man. City but the gulf has become so wide so quickly partly due to the ridiculous mistakes we've been making since 2008 in terms of recruitment decisions that now have us annually as one of the six worse teams in the division.

The problem is this will probably strengthen Benteke's resolve to go now. When top players leave a club like ours it can trigger more than that :(

• Like 1

The problem is this will probably strengthen Benteke's resolve to go now. When top players leave a club like ours it can trigger more than that :(

Of course it will unless we bring in better players 

I do recall that Lambert had to put Delph on a special training plan to keep him fit after his injuries I wonder if not getting regualer games will flare his issues up again.I think at the moment he will get games but if they bring in Pogba he could find it more difficult.

I think Delph's high octane style surrounded by those players could catapult him to a different level. He could be a revelation at City :rant:

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â