Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If he does leave all those quotes he came out with when he signed his contract, will look pretty silly.

Not really because he basically handed Villa 8mill.

He could have handed Villa 8mill without coming out with all the stuff about being loyal and being a Villa man and it being his club. As I've said though I don't think he's going anywhere.

Kind of weird that no way would Delph would even be wanted by City if the home grown rule did not exist. If the amount of homegrown needed increases it will be harder for smaller clubs to keep hold of there best homegrown players.

Exactly it is having a detrimental effect to what they are trying to achieve, look at the likes of Sinclair, Rodwell going to big clubs not get games

Right, but things have been suspended before that haven't ultimately gone through right? If all the betting companies start suspending betting than maybe, but its 1 so far.

I think Sky were the only ones specifically taking bets on that to be fair. But to go as far as suspending usually means the writing is on the wall.

I won't be able to hide my disappointment if this ends up being true.  Perhaps a journalist can grow some balls, step off the dizzying football entertainment complex carousel, and quote Delph's comments back to him?  If we wish to feel the power of concepts like loyalty, honesty, fraternity, and whatnot, and surely we do, simply moaning and shrugging ain't gonna cut the mustard.

Jesus, these days even the bread and circuses have bread and circuses.

Plus if this 8m is to believed, what idiot agreed to that in his contract extension ?

The idiot that realised it was either that or he didn't sign the contract and would already have walked away for nothing.

The clause is actually a good thing if it was what Delph wanted to sign the contract.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

It's quite sad really that the only reason we're losing him is down to a homegrown rule. No way City would be interested if it weren't for that. 

Makes the whole point of it rather stupid!

Right, but things have been suspended before that haven't ultimately gone through right? If all the betting companies start suspending betting than maybe, but its 1 so far.

I think Sky were the only ones specifically taking bets on that to be fair. But to go as far as suspending usually means the writing is on the wall.

I guess that's how they sucker people in. Can you bet using Sky interactive or whatever its called? So people watch Sky Sports News, see he hasn't gone to Portugal and start putting money down.

Yesterday we were optimistic but now most seem to think he's gone.

Nothing has changed except that betting has been suspended. That could very well be because of the fact that he didn't go to Portugal and people think that means he's leaving and decided to bet on him going to City. We shouldn't worry yet.

Plus if this 8m is to believed, what idiot agreed to that in his contract extension ?

The idiot that realised it was either that or he didn't sign the contract and would already have walked away for nothing.

The clause is actually a good thing if it was what Delph wanted to sign the contract.

But why 8m though ?  If he thinks he's going to get game time at a top 4 club he should value himself a lot higher than that?  8m is pocket change for the elite.

But why 8m though ?  If he thinks he's going to get game time at a top 4 club he should value himself a lot higher than that?  8m is pocket change for the elite.

:blink:

• Like 1

we @SkyBet have suspended on Delph to City looks like its moving I guess the next move will be villa relegated if Benteke goes

I don't think we will be relegated if we sold Benteke & Delph, lets be frank they have both been key players in a struggling team over the last three years. 

I don't think we will be relegated if we sold Benteke & Delph, lets be frank they have both been key players in a struggling team over the last three years.

To me the bit before the comma contradicts the bit after it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â