Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

A true captain's performance. Well taken goal and linked up so well with Westwood and Cleverly, I was surprised how easily we could pass it through their midfield. It's a pleasure to watch when we ping it round so confidently.

• Like 1

Like so many of our players, Delph has flourished under Sherwood, and he was fantastic today.

Just watch the vultures circling Delph, Benteke and Grealish in the summer, whipped on by the media, who will not like it one bit that Aston Villa are beating their darlings, and that we have the temerity to have players like these.

The step he does for the goal is something he does about 20 times a game to beat his man on in midfield. So so nice to see him do it in the box on the biggest occasion. Great feet for the first too, a proper man and a proper leader. Lot of man love for this man.

Edited by villaglint

I have been saying for a long time that if he can get further forward and into the box he is capable of scoring as he knows how to lose the defender and today he did it!! Delph has great feet as does Grealish. They played really well together. I am feeling more optimistic about our current midfield.

The midfield performed brilliantly today, and Delph ran the show. Performed great link up between the defence and attack, harried and pressed, and got a phenomenal goal. I'd much rather see him in the box trying to beat a defender than trying his usual 30 yard blast because we know he's got skillful feet and today he proved it. Some people wilt under the pressure of wearing the armband but he seems to be flourishing, and long may it continue.

Posts in this thread from a few months ago make for some interesting reading in comparison to the last 24 hours.

To be fair, he was pants until the change of manager and gaining the armband after which his performances improved markedly.  Add to that his latest performance, which was yet another step up. Nobody in a plop shirt could get close and he bossed the game.

Long may it continue.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â