Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Ultimately, I'd say his level is a Europa League club like Spurs or Everton. Which is still a significant step up from a club in our position of course. 

maybe but is he better than McCarthy, Barry or Gibson think id even have Osman ahead of him. as for Spurs they have about 40 centre midfielders and players like Holtby and Dembele cant get a game for them

• Like 1

I have heard he wants 75k to stay, hes not worth it. Let Spurs or whoever pay him that sort of money and move on. Cleverly is not the answer though so send him back and have a look at someone else.

We've had a look somewhere else and come back with El Ahmadi and Yacouba Sylla.

Football's such a strange world. Delph and Vlaar were contracted to do a job for a certain length of time. Now that that contract has finished they can now go and sign a new contract for someone else - probably the highest bidder. It's a completely logical thing for them to do. They're contractors not Villa fans. It's mad how football makes the whole process so emotive.

Pair of rocket polishers.  :)

• Like 3

I think delph will do very well at a top club.

He doesn't look out of place in the England side and he will continue to get better.

We've been so bad at recovering from losing top players. We either completely waste the money (milner, young, downing) or we're now losing them for nothing.

It really shows how awful we've been run, with no clear long term plan and no goals or ambition.

• Like 1

I think delph will do very well at a top club.

He doesn't look out of place in the England side and he will continue to get better.

thats not really an indicator that he will thrive at a big club ;)

• Like 1

I have heard he wants 75k to stay, hes not worth it. Let Spurs or whoever pay him that sort of money and move on. Cleverly is not the answer though so send him back and have a look at someone else.

He's absolutely worth it if it means we get a fee for him in the summer or next year instead of him walking out for free in 6 months
  • Like 3

Ultimately, I'd say his level is a Europa League club like Spurs or Everton. Which is still a significant step up from a club in our position of course. 

maybe but is he better than McCarthy, Barry or Gibson think id even have Osman ahead of him. as for Spurs they have about 40 centre midfielders and players like Holtby and Dembele cant get a game for them

Leon Osman and Gibson ahead of Delph????

Get out.

He's absolutely worth it if it means we get a fee for him in the summer or next year instead of him walking out for free in 6 months

Exactly.

You pay a player 75k for a year, = £3.9m + bonus and fees etc = £5m?

You can then sell him for £10m minimum, the way the market is today, plus you get a year's service out of a great player.

Or you let him go for free.

He is worth £75k per week, only because he will go on a free otherwise.

He is not a top 4 player imho, and probably would'nt get in Spuds or Everton.

Tbh i think Delphs attitude is a bit disappointing , especially after he didn't play for a good 12 months, and i would probably try and do a deal for him and Vlaar, with prospective buyers in Jan.

75k a week over 4 years is a £16m contract. If we was to agree to that and then sell him in the summer I'm not sure the demand would be there for Delph if there's a £10m fee. The buying club would have to better our 75k a week. Delph is a risk, he picks up injuries and wouldn't  be a first choice player in any club competing for a top 6 place, he would have to improve to get in their team.

I would like him to stay on a £50k-55k 2 year contract, improve his game then leave after a year. Its not going to happen though he will leave and I think he will struggle at a top 6 club.

I meant it more in a hypothetical sense that clubs like those are about his limit in my opinion. Spurs could do with him but as you point out, Everton don't need him.

On a sidenote, you'd have Darren Gibson ahead of Delph? Seriously?

Edited by Isa

Yes I think he's better than any of those players. 

Gutted he'll walk out on a free, gutted we cannot match his ambition (something we've heard before) but more gutted about yet another footballer saying he wants to 'repay' the club but then chase the dime.

The club will last longer than Delph's career, he's just a paragraph in our fine history and dare I say it, we will have better players play for us.

• Like 1

Not as good as McCarthy (certainly no better at the very least) for me. Barry plays a different sort of role although Delph is obviously superior defensively now, given the former isn't what he used to be.

Edited by Isa

Gutted he'll walk out on a free, gutted we cannot match his ambition (something we've heard before) but more gutted about yet another footballer saying he wants to 'repay' the club but then chase the dime.

The club will last longer than Delph's career, he's just a paragraph in our fine history and dare I say it, we will have better players play for us.

Think that's a little harsh.

Doubt a move would be primarily motivated by money; Only a footballer for so many years so can't blame him at all for wanting to move to a club that is challenging for something and make something of his career.

Edited by penguin

Who could blame him for leaving us and going even to a moderate club like a Southampton or Swansea? At least they  appear to have some sort of plan, rather than just bumbling through 9 months to get enough points to stay up.  Gabby aside (how did he get 3 caps?),any Villa player who has a few caps for England leaves. It is down to the sheer ineptitude of this club that quite possibly 2 of our few actually premier league standard players could well bugger off for no money.

Delph is an above average premier league player who just so happens is playing his best football of his career just when his contract is running out. He is not a top 6 club player but could well do a decent job for any top half side. Which Villa are nowhere near at present.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â