Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

if anything its a stab in teh back to Lambert. Delph was going nowhere until he arrived adn gave him confidence. People forget he was so bad under McLeish that he could barely string a pass together and was even shipped out on loan to Leeds

• Like 2

if anything its a stab in teh back to Lambert. Delph was going nowhere until he arrived adn gave him confidence. People forget he was so bad under McLeish that he could barely string a pass together and was even shipped out on loan to Leeds

Very true.

As much as it annoys me, as much as I feel that Delph owes the club/Lambert some loyalty, the blame lies with the club at the end of the day. He's come on so much since Lambert arrived, I know that many aren't happy with Lambert right now but you can't deny that he has had a serious influence on Delph - a guy who joined us for a hefty fee and looked as if he'd become a complete flop if I'm honest.

However, as I said, this is the club's fault really and truly.

This is more than a simple contract renewal, or a loyalty issue. Anyone that's ever met Delph can tell he has a genuine affection for the club and the fans

The issue is that the club cannot offer a talented player the platform he needs in order keep playing for Aston Villa. This isn't just about Delph leaving, it's just another effect spawned from years old poor stewardship at the Villa.

But Delph has made brilliant individual progress in the last 14 months despite our obvious struggles. I think the real issue is with Delph, now believing he is bigger and better than Aston Villa Football Club, forgetting the club has given him the platform and support to flourish these last five years. Yet what has Fabian truly given back to us that equals the club's efforts? Nothing. It is very unlikely the club will even receive a transfer fee. Pure greed.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Football is just quite depressing really. I'm a bit sick of it all. There's nothing but negativity coming out of our club, and as a fan there's simply nothing that you can do. 

What will be will be I guess. It's a bit annoying of Delph if he does leave on a free.

Given how the vast majority of players have played under Lambert I think it's a bit much to credit him with the level delph has reached.

He was always capable of reaching this level, it just took longer due to horrific injuries over and over again.

To claim he's stabbed the club in the back is laughable. If delph was as bad as tonev would be demanding loyalty or would we be telling him to leave? We only expect loyalty because he's good, yet we as fans aren't loyal to players who are not good enough.

Not that bothered about losing Delph, he is not good enough in my opinion that I should be bothered about him leaving

Nor do I expect loyalty from players, they are bound to look after their own interests financially, and they will want to play at the highest level possible, simply for the status that brings.

But I am bothered at the waste of resources, we bought him expensive, carried him on a decent salary for most of his time here, and now he possibly goes for nothing.

He only had one and a bit decent seasons for us, and if he does go, it will be interesting to see who will come in for him.

I suspected this would be the case back in the summer. I thought that as he was on a fairly big contract previously, and with our need to trim the wage bill that the two parties would struggle to come to an agreement. Players saying they owe the club is just soundbites to appease the fans, I have long given up believing anything that comes out of the mouths of Footballers. To be honest though, you cannot blame him for wanting to get out of here at the moment we are hardly a club that looks like winning anything in the near future, and I suspect that Delph is one of the few players in our squad with a burning desire to win in his genes.

• Like 2

This is totally Faulkners fault. He was paid to run the club and was terrible. Give the new man a chance to turn it around. I wouldnt be surprised if this is one of the main reasons why Faulkner left/was told to go. Was nothing to do with FA job as he took up the position at forrest few weeks later.

This is totally Faulkners fault. He was paid to run the club and was terrible.

I'd love to know what your criteria are for determining that? How was Faulkner terrible? 

You see this chucked around a lot and I see no real reason for the criticism. 

I suspected this would be the case back in the summer. I thought that as he was on a fairly big contract previously, and with our need to trim the wage bill that the two parties would struggle to come to an agreement. Players saying they owe the club is just soundbites to appease the fans, I have long given up believing anything that comes out of the mouths of Footballers. To be honest though, you cannot blame him for wanting to get out of here at the moment we are hardly a club that looks like winning anything in the near future, and I suspect that Delph is one of the few players in our squad with a burning desire to win in his genes.

There is no loyalty in football. If you arent good enough at reserve/youth level the club wont be long getting shot of you and it works the other way round in this case.

Football has similarities to F1 now. If you dont follow one of the top 3 or 4 teams, whats the point, you're just there to make up the numbers and let the top guys get stronger. Also allot of the teams outside the top 4 or 5 are in finical troubles now as well.

This is totally Faulkners fault. He was paid to run the club and was terrible.

I'd love to know what your criteria are for determining that? How was Faulkner terrible?

You see this chucked around a lot and I see no real reason for the criticism.

You serious? The past 100 posts have been why Delph and Vlaar weren't tied down to a new contract last year or even the year before. Fully the man running the clubs fault.

This is the clubs fault, not Delphs.

Why would anyone want to stay here in the current situation?  We're headed nowhere (apart from down maybe?) quickly and Delph is now an England international.  We can't say to him, we'll invest in the team, because we won't.  So we expect him to sign a new deal, potentially minimise the clubs interested in buying him from us, to play for a crap team and be happy finishing 15th in the league?

I'd be off like a shot.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â