Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'm pretty sure I watched the 3 previous games and we were shit and Delph was playing. I don't think he's as good as some of you make out. 0 goals 0 assists in +3000 mins of football the last 3 seasons. Unfortunately what is true is he's one of the better players in our team.

I'm pretty sure I watched the 3 previous games and we were shit and Delph was playing. I don't think he's as good as some of you make out. 0 goals 0 assists in +3000 mins of football the last 3 seasons. Unfortunately what is true is he's one of the better players in our team.

That just goes to show that statistics can be bent any way you want. Delph didn't come into his own until last season but since then he's been very good - and not just in relation to the rest of the team.

That just goes to show that statistics can be bent any way you want. Delph didn't come into his own until last season but since then he's been very good - and not just in relation to the rest of the team.

Well someone recently posted that he should play in a number 10 role. People go on like he's the messiah. He's not exactly pulling up trees a la Ramsey. I don't find 1 point from Hull away and Tottenham and Everton at home, acceptable and he played in all of them. We drew away to West Ham. One could reasonably say that was more acceptable result than the last three yet some are saying we would have won if Delph was playing. Absolutely laughable. 

I don't find 1 point from Hull away and Tottenham and Everton at home, acceptable and he played in all of them.

I rest my case, your honour.

You have to ask yourself - why would people wax lyrical about Delph for no reason? He spent over 3 years here without really doing much and many thought he wouldn't cut it (myself included). He's getting praise for good reason.

I don't find 1 point from Hull away and Tottenham and Everton at home, acceptable and he played in all of them.

I rest my case, your honour.

I think you might have missed the point there.

He wasn't saying those results were because of Delph, he was saying those results show that having Delph at West Ham wouldn't necessicarily have turned the draw into a win like a number of people were suggesting.

And he dribbles forward.

Forward being the operative word.

This is key.

Our other midfielders tend to look for the pass - but when at least half of our outfield are behind them in a 5-3-2 formation, picking a forward pass isn't easy. This is where we need Delph to carry the ball forward and help make some numbers. Against West Ham, we looked very good when we got people forward - we just didn't do it enough since our back 5 sat very deep.

The last pass/option from Delph is still lacking, imo, but at least he puts the defense in 2 minds.

And he dribbles forward.

Forward being the operative word.

This is key.

Our other midfielders tend to look for the pass - but when at least half of our outfield are behind them in a 5-3-2 formation, picking a forward pass isn't easy. This is where we need Delph to carry the ball forward and help make some numbers. Against West Ham, we looked very good when we got people forward - we just didn't do it enough since our back 5 sat very deep.

The last pass/option from Delph is still lacking, imo, but at least he puts the defense in 2 minds.

Honestly I'm not trolling. I play fantasy football like many of you probably do and there's a general criticism about some high priced midfield players. They assist the assister. Ozil Coutinho etc. Delph doesn't even do that! Doesn't score goals, doesn't assist, doesn't even assist the assist. It's all well and good having someone break up the play but goals win games. I don't blame Delph so much as Lambert for the way he sets out his stall but I'm utterly astonished for the reverence he gets when we are seriously struggling to score goals, let alone win. It's like Hitzelsperger all over again. 7 goals in how many seasons and some people talk about him like he was the second coming. What I'm saying is Delph performs a certain role very well and he is let down by the quality around him to a certain extent(but it annoys me that one game we don't get a result and KEA is the fall guy at WHU away - how many times have we won away there seasons gone by) bt to say we only needed to turn up with him in the team and bag the 3 points is completely fatuous.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â