Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

He also came on against West Ham and looked sharp, he's a player who works hard to get into positions and from what I've seen in reserves football he's a big, yet dismissed by VIlla fans, talent. He was very unfortunate to get injured, he would be playing ahead of Delfouneso I reckon.

But hey ho this going on a tangent.

Weimann is a trier but I'm not sure he has the extra needed.

i watched him at Walsall and he scored twice but he also missed some basic chances.

The Fonz isn't going to make it as a lone frontman but I'd like to see him get a chance alongside Gabby as I think that has the potential to be a good combination.

i think, he (weimann) could good player in lone striker role & fonz with gabby for double pace all-round striker?

i think weimann and fonz partner will be good idea

for 3 reason + and -

(+)

1) both play in upfront striker in reverses team regular partner and both they keep scores...

2) our youth player know fonz and weimann in match (reverses team) like bannan, clark, albrighton will delivery fonz and weimann where fonz and weimann want ball go..

3) targetman plus pace = more reflexes option in attack

(-)

1) both young 19 years old

2) manager will never play both useless injury striker crisis

3) lack high-level matc play will turn against them by experience players

I was also very impressed with Delfouneso, all things considered, he did very well IMO. Would like to see him come on against Blues partnered with Gabby. And if that fails, bring on Carew!

No chance in hell of houllier going with 2 strikers on wednesday night

It will be 4-5-1 with Gabby as the lone front man and hopefully Ireland instead of pires from the get go

[

It will be 4-5-1 with Gabby as the lone front man and hopefully Ireland instead of pires from the get go

I think your right. Its just not in Houlliers make up to go with two strikers as it far too positive a formation. Put simply the guy hasn't got a pair of bollocks.

[

I think your right. Its just not in Houlliers make up to go with two strikers as it far too positive a formation. Put simply the guy hasn't got a pair of bollocks.

You're right, look how negatives likes of Arsenal are with their Chamakh lone striker.

Look how bad we were when we went 4-5-1 under O'Neill and went 13 games unbeaten, (11 with 4-5-1) and were 3rd in the league at one stage.

He's also played Young as a second striker a lot of the time, with Albrighton and Downing, if having Young, Downing, Albrighton, Bannan, Heskey/Gabby is negative then what are you expecting? :lol:

We didn't seem to negative when we played United I must say.

Where in my post did i iterate anything about Houllier being negative i merely stated that Houllier would not be playing with 2 strikers he didnt at home so why would he away in a cup game.... nice to see post on poster is as lively as ever and a forum class bracket forming where if you have a differing opinion to the rosy optimists the snobs simply slam it turn their noses up and "rise above it"

Where in my post did i iterate anything about Houllier being negative i merely stated that Houllier would not be playing with 2 strikers he didnt at home so why would he away in a cup game.... nice to see post on poster is as lively as ever and a forum class bracket forming where if you have a differing opinion to the rosy optimists the snobs simply slam it turn their noses up and "rise above it"

It wasn't aimed at you..... :?

I was responding to the last post made by Mark.

• 4 weeks later...

Showed me yesterday why so many have high hopes for him, he constantly wanted the ball and was looking to make runs and create space which is what we need more of in the final 3rd, I'd start him tomorrow as the lone striker, if Heskey is out and with him if he's fit

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â