Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well it's probably different up Scotland but in the area I live you only see the hardened Alcys drink it and the 30-50 year old street drinkers.

I think you're referring to tenants super, which does seem to be the alki's favourite tipple. 

In scotland they do a weaker version, similar to carling. (I think)

I remember drinking this years ago, and also the mid-range, black can tenants 'extra' 

14 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I think you're referring to tenants super, which does seem to be the alki's favourite tipple. 

I remember drinking this years ago, and also the mid-range, black can tenants 'extra' 

I used to drink Tennents Extra, many moons ago. They served it in my local pub, along with Tennents Pilsner.

4 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Well I was definitely there both years.  Would have been 18 & 19 in 04/05.  I used to triumphantly parade around aggressively in my Villa tops pretty much anywhere back then.  Oh to be that age and feel invincible again!! 

Haha! It was quite possibly you then! Were you off your tits, like your mate said?

Edited by dAVe80

2 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Yeah that's the one I'm on about.

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I found a pint bottle of old school Guinness at a convenience store. It's more like a porter with it's carbonation. $2.99 as well. Nice on a stormy afternoon.

Can you get the Guinness West Indies porter over there? Yellow label, 6.1%, bloody lovely. 

• Like 1

Proper good quality pasties. 

I could put into things that piss you off pasties with stringy or fatty meat.  It should be illegal to put poor quality meat in a pasty,  leave that awfulness for the pies. 

• Like 1

On 29/04/2011 at 00:01, mjmooney said:

Week 1 of the National Pub Quiz Championship. We head the leaderboard in our local with five points for a win. Five more weeks and the the regionals, with a bit of luck.

How did it go then mjm? 

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

How did it go then mjm? 

Talk about thread necromacy, that had me confused - it was six years ago!  

For the record, we won the in-pub competion, to represent them in the national 'semifinals'. Came a narrow second in that, just missing out on a trip to the final - which would have been at Villa Park. Hey ho. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wow..... Just wow. 

Anyone else wondering if Obama had picked on someone else the world might be a bit different today? 

Shows you how amazing it is that Trump actually became President!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â