Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

45 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I've been twice (won tickets through work last time), and can honestly say it's one of the friendliest festivals I've been to. There did seem to be a larger 'Chav' element, but on the whole, they're all there to have a blast and get wrecked. Can't argue with that. I did get stitched up by a lass I was seeing the first year though. She got a box of cans, with the England football team on, and asked me to carry them for her. As you can imagine, I got a few cat calls, and boos! All in good spirit though.

You can probably take you pick of why you got the stick, the fact it was England or it looked like you'll be drinking Carlsberg piss water.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

You can probably take you pick of why you got the stick, the fact it was England or it looked like you'll be drinking Carlsberg piss water.

Very true, but by the same token, have you tasted Tennent's?

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Very true, but by the same token, have you tasted Tennent's?

Never the regular Tennents lager.

Apart from the time as a Toddler or a little bit older I apparently had been finishing peoples drinks at a party and was seen standing against a wall and just sliding down drunk, the first time I got really pissed was on Tenants Super, at another party on christmas eve when I was 11.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Never the regular Tennents lager.

Apart from the time as a Toddler or a little bit older I apparently had been finishing peoples drinks at a party and was seen standing against a wall and just sliding down drunk, the first time I got really pissed was on Tenants Super, at another party on christmas eve when I was 11.

*Sing it now* *sweet 9% Lord*

• Like 1

Wreckin' Bar by The Vaccines cheered me up today. 

There had been a couple so low key ish songs on my ipod which is always on random and this came on just as I started the long walk down the station car park to my car. 

Anyone looking would have thought me a proper weirdo with a big dopey grin on my face and a spring in my step. 

Best thing is it finished just as I got to my car so I immediately hit skip back so I can have it on again for the return journey. 

11 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I was at T In The Park (in Scotchland), and saw a lad in a Villa shirt. I said something like, "nice shirt mate, up the Villa", and the lad just looked right through me. His mate then apologised to me, and told me he was off his tits, and not to be offended. :lol: 

What year was this?  Excellent chance this was me although I haven't been in a few years now. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tennents is for proper hardcore down and out drinkers. I'd rather drink piss.

What nonsense.  It's just the standard ' go to ' lager in Scotland because it's relatively cheap but doesn't taste like actual acid.  It's a bit of a right of passage drink actually.  You're not allowed to drink premium lager until you're 26 in Scotland.

54 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

What year was this?  Excellent chance this was me although I haven't been in a few years now. 

2004 & 2005. Got tickets to see The Pixies reunion the first year (which was the carrying England Carlsberg year, as a few of us went), and the year after I won tickets through work (the year Ian Brown had a fight with a sound man cus he couldn't hear his vocal in his monitor, and stormed off stage, even though he actually sounded really good).

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

2004 & 2005. Got tickets to see The Pixies reunion the first year (which was the carrying England Carlsberg year, as a few of us went), and the year after I won tickets through work (the year Ian Brown had a fight with a sound man cus he couldn't hear his vocal in his monitor, and stormed off stage, even though he actually sounded really good).

Wait... Ian Brown sounded GOOD???  :o

• Like 1

8 hours ago, troon_villan said:

What nonsense.  It's just the standard ' go to ' lager in Scotland because it's relatively cheap but doesn't taste like actual acid.  It's a bit of a right of passage drink actually.  You're not allowed to drink premium lager until you're 26 in Scotland.

Well it's probably different up Scotland but in the area I live you only see the hardened Alcys drink it and the 30-50 year old street drinkers.

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Well I was definitely there both years.  Would have been 18 & 19 in 04/05.  I used to triumphantly parade around aggressively in my Villa tops pretty much anywhere back then.  Oh to be that age and feel invincible again!! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â