Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Waitrose have issued a warning of a profits dip, citing the free newspapers and coffee as the main problem.

Not quite on a par with Hoover's free flights a few years ago, but who'd have thought giving stuff away for free could hit the bottom line! Apparently, they now have a right bunch of chavs in the shop, filling up with coffee at the entrance door, sloshing it on the floor all through the shop, picking up a bottle of wine to qualify for a free newspaper and leaving again.

When what they thought would happen was yummy mummy would park the Evoque, grab a soothing latte as a reward for being a yummy and then spend millions on posh cheese and hand carved Heston Blumenthal organic butter and nettles statuettes wrapped in Duchy linen.

What would chavs need a newspaper for?

Waitrose have issued a warning of a profits dip, citing the free newspapers and coffee as the main problem.

Not quite on a par with Hoover's free flights a few years ago, but who'd have thought giving stuff away for free could hit the bottom line! Apparently, they now have a right bunch of chavs in the shop, filling up with coffee at the entrance door, sloshing it on the floor all through the shop, picking up a bottle of wine to qualify for a free newspaper and leaving again.

When what they thought would happen was yummy mummy would park the Evoque, grab a soothing latte as a reward for being a yummy and then spend millions on posh cheese and hand carved Heston Blumenthal organic butter and nettles statuettes wrapped in Duchy linen.

What would chavs need a newspaper for?

well in my particular case, The Observer folds out to the perfect size for the bottom of our guinea pig cage, but at £2.70 a pop it's too expensive so the little carrot nibbler just gets the local free paper overlapped

but now, with a £2.70 paper for free.......

That's amazing.   My sister gave birth to a premature baby this year (32 weeks, which is two months early and positively nothing compared to what these guys went through) and that was heartbreaking for a while, baby spent the first six weeks of his life in hospital and I can't imagine what leaving him there every night must have felt like. He turned out perfectly fine and was six months old earlier this week.  21st century medical science is absolutely incredible, we are so fortunate to live in this country during these times. :)

My nephew was a preemie...so small he could fit in the palm of my hand. Now he's almost 12 and one of the tallest kids in his grade!

My Freelander being fixed and notn having to drive that **** horrible, useless, gutless, plastic, shiney ford fiesta.

Such an uninspiring turgid piece of shit.

• Like 1

Arrr yea.. that's right, celebrate Villa Park being in FIFA15, but I bet you won't celebrate Wayne's World 1 or 2 will ya?!

Typical Wainy316 behavior.. MOD's! BAN HIM PLEASE.

That'll teach that no mark..

Not enough though okay?!

I never usually buy the FIFA's, but that is one reason why I might this time. Is this the first time Villa Park has been in a computer game?

No, we had an entire game dedicated to us on the PS2.

It featured all our players, DOL and the stadium.

It was amazing if you played 2player, absolutely impossibru if you played alone.

• Like 1

Not enough though okay?!

I never usually buy the FIFA's, but that is one reason why I might this time. Is this the first time Villa Park has been in a computer game?

No, we had an entire game dedicated to us on the PS2.

It featured all our players, DOL and the stadium.

It was amazing if you played 2player, absolutely impossibru if you played alone.

They also have Villa Park in Football Manger...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â