Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I've got to admire the way that somehow they changed the rules. Way back in the old days when Villa were good and everybody wanted Jimmy Saville at their party you got to be king by calling out the guy that was currently king and killing him.

Then, somehow the present bunch got in and announced 'hey, not cool people', You can't go killing royalty. We fell for it.

Now this bunch of monarchs get to stay monarchs. No relegation.

In a true conservative Britain we'd all be able to bid in the next round. I'll wave at people from a car or a balcony for 9 months of the year and only charge £150,000 a month. Nice thing is, I've teamed up with G4S and if I get the gig I'm just going to employ some students and misfits to do a bit of occasional waving for me and charge it at the same rate.

• Like 2

I was at the funeral of my friend from work yesterday.

Obviously that doesn't cheer me up. It was very sad.

But what did cheer me up was being reminded of something that I'd completely forgotten that happened at his wedding.

His wife's boss came to his wedding, and he looked astonishingly like Burt Reynolds.

After a few drinks, I plucked up the courage to ask him if he knew he looked like BUrt Reynolds. He took it well and said he gets it all the time. He even took a photo with me.

He was less responsive later. I sat on a table googling images of burt reynolds and then saving them to my phone.

Then I went up and asked him for another picture. I pretended I was taking a load of pictures of him and my mate.

When he asked to see them I then proceeded to scroll through about 25 photos of Burt Reynolds, all the while maintaining a completely straight face and sayign things like "That's a good one" "oh you really look like him in this one!"

You probably had to be there.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

I was at the funeral of my friend from work yesterday.

Obviously that doesn't cheer me up. It was very sad.

But what did cheer me up was being reminded of something that I'd completely forgotten that happened at his wedding.

His wife's boss came to his wedding, and he looked astonishingly like Burt Reynolds.

After a few drinks, I plucked up the courage to ask him if he knew he looked like BUrt Reynolds. He took it well and said he gets it all the time. He even took a photo with me.

He was less responsive later. I sat on a table googling images of burt reynolds and then saving them to my phone.

Then I went up and asked him for another picture. I pretended I was taking a load of pictures of him and my mate.

When he asked to see them I then proceeded to scroll through about 25 photos of Burt Reynolds, all the while maintaining a completely straight face and sayign things like "That's a good one" "oh you really look like him in this one!"

You probably had to be there.

Pics or GTFO :D

• Like 1

Funny, but kind of takes the edge of it knowing its an actor  :)  It would be better if it was a genuine old fella! 

Dosent the monarchy bring in loads of tourist $$$$$

Nope. They don't come to 'see/meet' the queen etc.

They come to see the heritage, to look at the tower of london, Bucks palace, etc. 

It's vare rare tourists are going to come here with the express purpose of shaking hands with her maj.

Plus, what the eyebrow man said above.

Edited by Jon

Jobs for life and for all your kids and hangers on is a bit of a strange out dated contract.

Sack them all off.

If it's proven in 10 years time that we've lost more income dollars than it was costing to run the royal gravy train, then by all means get some new ones in to wave at people.

If you are weak and require some figure head head of state or el presidente figure because you're worried who will meet visitors as they get off the plane, perhaps we can have a reality tv selection process for a suitable replacement. You could vote for any one of the following:

Seb Coe

John Barrowman

Brian Blessed

Sue Barker

Toyah Wilcocth

Mary Berry

Dame Ladyship Madam Kirstie Allsopp

Bez what was off the Happy Mondays

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â