Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

QVC.

Now they're attempting to hock the 'Butler & Wilson Small Leopard Hologram Print Crossbody Bag'.

There's a small purse connected to it. The presenter suggested you could use it to store your medication.

Brilliant.

OH MY GOD

'Butler & Wilson Skull With Roses Hologram Eyes Square Sequin Top'

:blink:

f3dqxf.jpg

"Every time you wear it out you'll receive comments"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thinking about how amazing the English language is. And grateful to have been lucky enough to have been born into it.

Imagine how us actual English speakers feel. ;):P

Apologies for the anti-colonial jibe.

Thinking about how amazing the English language is. And grateful to have been lucky enough to have been born into it.

I actually feel quite lucky to have been born into two languages.

Three would have been nice though.

• Like 4

I actually feel quite lucky to have been born into two languages.

Three would have been nice though.

I would have loved to have grown up in a multilingual household. When I hear the guys talking at work and codeswitching effortlessly to express something the other language can't, I am filled with envy.

Time to brush up on your French? :) or, if you have Welsh or Irish ancestry, you could go for one of the Gaelic languages, which would be utterly cool.

Funnily enough, I don't think most people (people who live in English-speaking societies, anyway) see multilingualism as favourably as you do.

Edited by legov

My cousin grew up speaking 3 languages, English, Spanish and German. 

English - His mum is English and they speak it in the house 

Spanish - He born in Fuerteventura (Canary Islands)

German - HIs dad is German, they only speak it when he goes to his house.

Have to admit, I wish I grew up speaking different languages. Sure you can still learn now, but the best time to is when you're a child because it's more natural. 

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

I remember doing french,german and spanish at school. Had no interest at all in learning those languages, wish I'd put more in but nevermind.

Oh, happens to everyone. Hardly anyone has any real interest in the languages they study in school until they are an adult, in my experience.

I did French at school. DId ok in it too.

But I had zero interest in that language.

Would much rather have done Spanish (which I'm now learning in my spare time)

I'd like to speak Spanish but I already have a basis of German so I'd be best continuing with that.  It's not as useful though because most German speakers are fluent in English.

Yep. I'd have been better off learning French, given that I'd already studied it for a few years. So I was tempted to learn that.

But French is shit (imo). I don't particularly like France or going there so when am I going to need to speak French?

Spanish is way more useful for me personally.

• Like 1

Yep. I'd have been better off learning French, given that I'd already studied it for a few years. So I was tempted to learn that.

But French is shit (imo). I don't particularly like France or going there so when am I going to need to speak French?

Spanish is way more useful for me personally.

French hate :)

:lol:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â