Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I like bowling, I could bowl all day but I get fed up of batting.

This isn't a weird attempt at a joke or anything, just the pure truth. I'm not talking about cricket, there's the weird joke for you.

this could be the beginning of something wonderful, I like fielding

now we just need somebody to bat for the other side

If only we had a ford driver on here :)

I blame food additives, 4 star petrol, Sunny D, Chernobyl and one on one meetings with 1970's BBC celebs for a lack of cricket appreciation amongst some of the lower orders.

I blame the fact that it goes on for 5 days, if the weather's nice, and nothing ever happens
20 / 20 lasts about 3 hours it's great fun as it's just a slog fest ...

I ran out of beer went to get another one came back and 3 wickets had gone ... ( Including Ricky Ponting in his last ever limited overs game as it turned out )

• Like 1

I blame food additives, 4 star petrol, Sunny D, Chernobyl and one on one meetings with 1970's BBC celebs for a lack of cricket appreciation amongst some of the lower orders.

I blame the fact that it goes on for 5 days, if the weather's nice, and nothing ever happens

I ran out of beer went to get another one came back and 3 wickets had gone ... ( Including Ricky Ponting in his last ever limited overs game as it turned out )

With the risk of making CED jump in the bath with a toaster, give me a test match any day of the week. 

• Like 2

getting loaded by setting a 15 minutes per pint pace out at the Ordnance Pub then walking into Lords and watching some fool* volunteer to buy the next round (Pimms at £10 a pint) is one of life's joys

he insisted on buying 7 pints of Pimms, she served them up and said '£70' and quite literally his knees went - one of the funniest things I've ever seen

its not great fun though. It's dull as ****.

It's just dull as **** for less time than a test match.

Which I will admit makes it 100 times more exciting.

But 100 times zero is still zero.

I think playing cricket is relaxing but I have to be honest, I'm not an avid watcher, although that doesn't mean I don't watch some, but I'll dip in and out.

I like playing on the beach, almost a different game then, and my Dada thinks he's Brain Lara, so it's always fun chucking balls at his head when we're both over there.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

With the risk of making CED jump in the bath with a toaster, give me a test match any day of the week. 

My Cardiff office now overlooks Sofia Gardens and we have a back gate that makes the journey from work to cricket about 3 minutes long. I worked on the design of the indoor cricket school there plus a few other bits n bobs so I have a couple of posh seats always available. This summer I will be availing myself of a pint, a newspaper and sitting there in the sunshine during day 2 or 3 or 4 of some match or other. Just wasting time.

• Like 4

My Cardiff office now overlooks Sofia Gardens and we have a back gate that makes the journey from work to cricket about 3 minutes long. I worked on the design of the indoor cricket school there plus a few other bits n bobs so I have a couple of posh seats always available. This summer I will be availing myself of a pint, a newspaper and sitting there in the sunshine during day 2 or 3 or 4 of some match or other. Just wasting time.

Bliss. 

• Like 2

Dudley do right!

And bollocks to the opinions of Mike and Stevo. Fair enough for them to have them (I have no problem with them detesting cricket) but **** me if one of the most boring things I see posted on this forum isn't one, either or both of them crapping on about just how much they detest cricket.

Suck it up, cocktards. It's more popular than the both of you ... combined ... just about...maybe. :)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 4

Duddley do right!

And bollocks to the opinions of Mike and Stevo. Fair enough for them to have them (I have no problem with them detesting cricket) but **** me if one of the most boring things I see posted on this forum isn't one, either or both of them crapping on about just how much they detest cricket.

Suck it up, cocktards. It's more popular than the both of you ... combined ... just about...maybe. :)

people have to keep politics, wrestling, cars, religion etc to their respective threads because they're boring to talk about.

Cricket should be the same.

Back on topic. 3 day weekends.

Cricket should be the same.

Anti cricket should also be the shame.

Create a thread and **** off there.

anti cricket only exists where there is cricket.

Banish cricket, and anti cricket shall also be banished.

Amen.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â