Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

My dad is 70 tomorrow.

He's a big Villa fan (as are most of my immediate family) and has absolutely no idea that we are picking him up tomorrow morning to take him to VP for the tour.

I know we're not exactly at our best as a club at the moment, but my dad is one of the most optimistic supporters i've ever known (never slags the club off or puts us down in any way shape or form) and he will absolutely love this surprise.

Genuinely can't wait to see his reaction when we arrive :)

I think in the same way a lot of Londoners have never done an open top tour of the London sights, a lot of local Villa fans haven't done a tour of VP. I've been to Villa Park so many times myself, and I've never done the tour.

ditto. Been meaning to for a while.

My dad is 70 tomorrow.

He's a big Villa fan (as are most of my immediate family) and has absolutely no idea that we are picking him up tomorrow morning to take him to VP for the tour.

I know we're not exactly at our best as a club at the moment, but my dad is one of the most optimistic supporters i've ever known (never slags the club off or puts us down in any way shape or form) and he will absolutely love this surprise.

Genuinely can't wait to see his reaction when we arrive :)

I think in the same way a lot of Londoners have never done an open top tour of the London sights, a lot of local Villa fans haven't done a tour of VP. I've been to Villa Park so many times myself, and I've never done the tour.

ditto. Been meaning to for a while.

I take it you can do it pre season? Might be something to do over the Summer.

I don't know what those are, so I'm guessing no

Over here we work a 38 hour week although everyone actually works 40 hours.An RDO stands for Rostered Day Off some companies knock off 2 hours early on a friday, other companies let you save up your 2 hours a week and have an RDO every month.Or like the place I work for we are allowed to save 10 RDOs.

When you mentioned extra days off after bank holiday I thought you were talking about having 3 RDOs. 

I don't know what those are, so I'm guessing no

Over here we work a 38 hour week although everyone actually works 40 hours.An RDO stands for Rostered Day Off some companies knock off 2 hours early on a friday, other companies let you save up your 2 hours a week and have an RDO every month.Or like the place I work for we are allowed to save 10 RDOs.

When you mentioned extra days off after bank holiday I thought you were talking about having 3 RDOs.

ah I see. Some companies do do that over here.

But no, these are just holiday days that I've tagged on to the bank holiday. Lovely

My dad is 70 tomorrow.

Genuinely can't wait to see his reaction when we arrive  :)

He absolutely loved it, as did I. 

When he finally twigged where we were heading on the journey over he nudged me and said "Am I here for an interview for the managers job?"  :D

If there's anyone that hasn't taken the tour I can heartily recommend it. Standing in the tunnel, the team intro music belting out and walking out to the pitch certainly made the hairs stand up on my neck. 

I turned around to my dad at that exact point and said "how anyone can't be psyched up to play for us after that is just beyond me".

Great stuff, man  :thumb:

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â