Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Saville visited our school, glad I didnt raise too much in sponsorship that year.

It is entirely possible that you went into his **** bank.  Ugh!

with this face, nah, never going to happen

I got a ruler across my knuckles in the late 80's. I'm sure it wasn't allowed then! 

Corporal punishment was allowed until '87, I think. In private schools (that weren't part funded by gov't) was still allowed for a further decade or so.

Edited by snowychap

Bought some new jeans yesterday. Now, in England you'd pick them off the rack/shelf and try them on, give your self a De Niro nod and go to the till. Here, the shop assistant spends hours faffing around telling you he'll take it in on the inside thigh and make the bottom leg thinner. Then he'll produce tea by shouting at a kid, that'll appear from nowhere. Whilst your drinking tea, he'll chuck them down to his wife downstairs who'll adjust them for you and send them back up ironed and wrapped in paper. If you're friendly enough during the tea drinking he'll knock another few liras off the price. 

Nice, but the whole process takes around 45 minutes.

• Like 2

Bought some new jeans yesterday. Now, in England you'd pick them off the rack/shelf and try them on, give your self a De Niro nod and go to the till. Here, the shop assistant spends hours faffing around telling you he'll take it in on the inside thigh and make the bottom leg thinner. Then he'll produce tea by shouting at a kid, that'll appear from nowhere. Whilst your drinking tea, he'll chuck them down to his wife downstairs who'll adjust them for you and send them back up ironed and wrapped in paper. If you're friendly enough during the tea drinking he'll knock another few liras off the price. 

Nice, but the whole process takes around 45 minutes.

That sound's wonderfully civilised. I'm sure you don't have the added annoyance of having Jessie J blasted in your ears, and some slack jawed shop assistant grunting at you, when you take them to the till to pay for them

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â