Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I get 2 weeks off B)

My mum has nearly 4 weeks off at her school. Then 7 at summer, 3 at Christmas. It's ridiculous.

But she'll spend all that time planning and marking which means that, actually, she won't have one single day off.

he he  :)

• Like 1

If I could go back in time and be a teacher in the 1950s or 60s I would consider it. 

Not now though. I think that it has genuinely turned into a shit job, holidays notwithstanding. 

• Like 1

If I could go back in time and be a teacher in the 1950s or 60s I would consider it. 

Not now though. I think that it has genuinely turned into a shit job, holidays notwithstanding. 

Is that because in the 50s/60s you could legally beat the children?

You have to have a real passion for the job to put up with all the shit.

• Like 1

We had a music teacher, Mr. Vicente, he was Spanish and looked like Andy Kaufman and he kept a bottle of whiskey in one drawer and a couple of cartons of Marlboro Reds in the other.

One of my teachers got arrested for being a mega paedo. He never tried anything with me. I guess that means I was an ugly girl

Your "baselayers at 20" pic confirms that to be the case.

• Like 1

Is that because in the 50s/60s you could legally beat the children?

No, but that does demonstrate that they weren't bound by too many rules or restrictions. This meant that the good ones could be wackily brilliant and inspirational, but also that the bad ones could be spectacularly crap, and get away with it. 

What I meant was it was just an all-round easier job - but you could still put in a good effort and get the job satisfaction without being ground down by workload or bureaucracy. 

One of my teachers got arrested for being a mega paedo. He never tried anything with me. I guess that means I was an ugly girl

Maybe he only liked boys? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â