Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It cheers me up that I've never seen the mighty boosh.

That's a terrible attitude though Stefan and I'm sure it's one I've seen you chastise on this very site.

How can you know if something is good or bad if you've never experienced it?

I'm shocked at this from you, last thing I'd expect, close-minded teachers, what's the world coming to?  :P

Edited by 8pints

It cheers me up that I've never seen the mighty boosh.

That's a terrible attitude though Stefan and I'm sure it's one I've seen you chastise on this very site.

How can you know if something is good or bad if you've never experienced it?

I'm shocked at this from you, last thing I'd expect, close-minded teachers, what's the world coming to?  :P

I have however seen how unfunny Noel Fielding is and omgsorandum comedy isn't my cup of tea.

A genuine thing that did cheer me up was, today I was marking a book. The lesson was about Christmas around the world and the kid had put 'They eat chicken instead of turkey at Christmas so KFC is really busy'. I was about to write a polite comment slightly criticising his reasoning then I researched it and it's true :D

• Like 1

I actually posted it for me to play along, but I can see why you took it the way you did. Either way, Stefan liked it, so I don't care, ner.

I do agree that you should watch something before judging it though Stefan. Disgraceful behaviour from someone moulding our young minds. Also, I think the kid was being racist.

I actually posted it for me to play along, but I can see why you took it the way you did. Either way, Stefan liked it, so I don't care, ner.

I do agree that you should watch something before judging it though Stefan. Disgraceful behaviour from someone moulding our young minds. Also, I think the kid was being racist.

I just thought he had reasoned: Chicken is popular -> KFC is chicken -> The Japanese love KFC, but apparently KFC on Christmas day is a real Japanese tradition. :D

I'm not necessarily judging it, but Noel Fielding. Who I've seen loads of ;)

I really really like The Mighty Boosh. And Noel Fielding. It's silly and it's visually gratifying. It appeals to my inner child.

Same.  Final series was a bit turd though.  Will admit to not having watched it since my student days.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â