Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Stefan, Stefan, Stefan, let's not play the boring sports card...

I wouldn't even call darts a sport. It's a skill, and I'm not taking anything away from the players because obviously they're good at what they do, but yeah. Not a sport.

Would you consider Archery a sport? :detect:

Archery is more of a sport that darts but is being ruined by modern technology. 

Archery requires some kind of physical fitness, Core strength in particular. By the dictionary definition it's a sport.

I don't count being able to pick up a dart or a cue after 8 pints as physical exertion.

I agree.... but the compound bow has ruined archery. They should all be forced to do it with a proper English long bow. That'd sort the men from the boys....at present its just like darts... a steady hand competition. 

Which-ever (I'm clearly no expert) point is...its too easy to draw and therefore too easy to be accurate. (I'm not saying it doesn't require a **** tonne of practice) but it could be much much harder. 

Some of them are absolutely amazing as if they've actually been painted into them, but others clearly just photoshopped in the photo, touched up the edges but didn't bother to get the textures, hue and saturation right.

Steve Carrell, Leo DiCaprio, Michael Jackson and Johnny Depp are the best ones though I think.

Archery requires some kind of physical fitness, Core strength in particular. By the dictionary definition it's a sport.

I don't count being able to pick up a dart or a cue after 8 pints as physical exertion.

Probably be all sticky or broken after 8pints had used it.

• Like 2

Fair enough. I admit my knowledge of modern archery is generally pretty poor! I agree with you, I can only think the idea is to make the sport appeal to the masses, which in effect turns it into a game (which makes it less appealing to me).

An idea to make it more appealing to the masses would be human targets.  I'd watch that.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â