Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I've always said there was an element of Truman show about it and the quickest route from A to B was via G But the DPRK isn't the only country in the world with people starving ( India , A fair few countries in Africa , China ) ... It isn't the only country in the world locking people up without trial ( Guantanamo anyone ) and it isn't the only place in the world with poverty and hardship ( Sheffield ) Edit: just back from reading the website your image came from He might just as well have written that from a hotel in Washington , he's got every stereotyped cliche you could ever want and its full of inaccuracies... Whilst we did chuckle at the museum when the guide told us how the North managed a strategic withdrawal as they got pushed back towards China , they at no point referred to a US surrender ... The war hasn't officially ended and they always referred to it as an armistice Our hotel wasn't on an island , nor was it surrounded by armed men .. I left it and went for a walk one night ... True you can't do a lot but I wandered down to a football stadium near by and had a little look about

Edited by tonyh29

I've always said there was an element of Truman show about it and the quickest route from A to B was via G But the DPRK isn't the only country in the world with people starving ( India , A fair few countries in Africa , China ) ... It isn't the only country in the world locking people up without trial ( Guantanamo anyone ) and it isn't the only place in the world with poverty and hardship ( Sheffield ) Edit: just back from reading the website your image came from He might just as well have written that from a hotel in Washington , he's got every stereotyped cliche you could ever want and its full of inaccuracies... Whilst we did chuckle at the museum when the guide told us how the North managed a strategic withdrawal as they got pushed back towards China , they at no point referred to a US surrender ... The war hasn't officially ended and they always referred to it as an armistice Our hotel wasn't on an island , nor was it surrounded by armed men .. I left it and went for a walk one night ... True you can't do a lot but I wandered down to a football stadium near by and had a little look about

It's OK, they can't come after you now.

Yes, you can't take the words of journalists either side of the fence face value, but you can listen to people who lived in North Korea and managed to get out, and I'll take their experience of years under a horrid dictatorship over any anecdotes from tourists kept on a tight leash.

• Like 2

In not sure you've actually read what I've said ... We weren't kept on a tight leash .... when you can wander out of a exhibition walk over to a park buy an ice cream and have a beer with some locals and then wander back in order to meet the 3pm departure time id say it was more of a loose leash .. I'm happy that I've given an honest appraisal of what I saw ... I've never claimed the country to be perfect .. But it is amusing to read about how the Koreans are brainwashed when 99.9% of people will happily accept everything they are told about the DPRK without even raising a single Roger Moore style eyebrow .... but we don't live in the DPRK so if you'd chose to believe that "what but why " blokes version over mine you wont disappear in the night :) (But I have about 1000 photos of things that he claims you can't take pictures off to back my version up :) )

Edited by tonyh29

Mighty Boosh reference

This cheers me up. It's bloody old though, waaay before The Boosh.  I have a copy of it on CD because it was the NME single of the week. :P

Good album as well.

MY GOD. I LOVE THIS TUNE.

Midfield General actually owns Skint records doesn't he?

That and Freq Nasty's "Amped".

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â