Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

"Dear Jim,

Please paint me Alan Partridge and The Ultimate Warrior posing for a photo in Alan’s room at Linton Travel Tavern? At the right side of the room, The Proclaimers are hurtling down through the floor and out through the ceiling in a continuous loop through teleportation holes from the Portal games."

http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/image/48128698510

Site here:  http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/

Amazing site. The requests are almost more ingenious than the paintings. e.g.

Please paint me Paul Daniels, who is dressed in Debbie McGee’s stage clothing, morosely barbecuing a large solitary sausage and two brown balls whilst llamas in mariachi costumes serenade him. This is taking place on board the Star Ship Voyager, the replicator of which is malfunctioning and spewing out an unreasonable quantity of Flumps. Wizbit should also be present, attempting to hang himself but failing on account of his triangular shape. The sausage should bear a resemblance to David Dickinson

Please can you paint me R2D2 in court being questioned by a goose in a suit with coins falling out of his pocket? Rita from Coronation Street is on the jury dressed as Peter Criss from Kiss and singing the wrong words to Enter Sandman by Metallica and the judge (who is suspended by hooks) is a massive, camp hairdryer.

When you are the fifth person liking a post, thus putting the star in place

I love that this is on three likes at the moment. I imagine that everyone is looking shifty-eyed and waiting for someone else to put the fourth like down so they can be the fifth, a.k.a 'the Starbringer.'

• Like 1

The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/28/scunthorpe-fans-squirrels-knill-plymouth

Scunthorpe United fans have been asked not to dress as squirrels when Alan Knill returns in charge of Torquay on Saturday.

Knill suffered a bizarre accident last year when the manager of Scunthorpe when he collided with a squirrel while out cycling.

The rodent got caught up in his spokes and sent Knill flying off his bike. Knill survived, the squirrel died. A witness called an ambulance but Knill, who feared he might have broken his collarbone, escaped with cuts and bruises.

"It was quite serious at the time, I was flying through the air," Knill told the Scunthorpe Telegraph. "I came off my bike at 20-whatever miles an hour, an ambulance was called and everything – I could have died.

"I'm worrying every night about football, about this, about that, I could have been dead. The perspective for me was I might not have been having this conversation. [Defeats] happen but it puts a perspective on everything."

It will be Knill's first return to Glanford Park in League Two since he was sacked in October 2012 and there has been speculation in the local press as to how he will be received.

One fan tweeted the club to ask: "Will anyone wearing any 'squirrel attire' be banned from entering the ground on Saturday?"

Scunthorpe United's twitter account replied: "No you won't be banned. However, the club would prefer it if you didn't dress up in 'squirrel attire'."

After such a request, surely nobody will turn up dressed as a squirrel. Surely they wouldn't be falling over themselves to buy tickets just so they could turn up as squirrels. Surely.

I reckon they knew what they were doing by asking people not to do that. They knew fine well everyone would. Mission accomplished :) Clever club...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â