Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I've been watching a lot of late night sports TV lately, and (presumably since a large proportion of people watching sports at 1am are in bars) Dewar's has been running their adverts featuring Claire Forlani a lot.

I'm not exactly sure what prompted the "Are you thirsty, Angus" line, and it's amusing to note that the only Scottish in Claire is

491px-Dougray_Scott_(8609505278).jpg

Still a bit of MILF leg being flashed at 1am is pleasant.

The F & F underwear advert currently appearing on a bus shelter near you. 

Sadly, I can't find the exact picture on the web, but if you've seen it you'll know the one I mean.  ;)

Predictable:

Tesco accused over scantily-clad model posters in Heaton

9:00am Wednesday 13th November 2013 in News By Rhys Thomas, T&A Reporter

2727481.jpg?type=articlePortrait
Reverend Clare MacLaren covers up a Tesco poster

A woman vicar has condemned Tesco for putting adverts of a scantily-clad woman outside a school, a church and a mosque.

The Reverend Clare MacLaren, of St Martin and St Barnabas churches in Heaton, said the posters had been up for about a week, on bus shelters around Heaton.

She asked whether Tesco had given any thought to the campaign, claiming that within a quarter of a mile radius, there were seven larger-than-life images of a young white woman wearing nothing but a bra, pants and fishnet tights.

“Several are right outside St Martin's Church, Heaton Primary School and our local Mosque,” she said.

“I regard myself as a fairly liberal, open-minded Christian, but there is a time and a place.

“Quite apart from making me shiver just to look at her, in this chilly weather, these adverts are completely culturally insensitive. Ours is a majority Muslim community, where Christians and Muslims live and work happily and respectfully together.

“Both Christians and Muslims believe that it is right for men and women to dress with modesty in public - and would certainly not be seen at a bus stop in their underwear - so why should we have this image inflicted on us?

“It is just everywhere. The irony is that most of the Muslim ladies round here are covered up from head to toe.

“And what do the children think of it? What message is it sending to them?”

“I think if there was just one and it wasn’t right outside a mosque, church and a primary school, it wouldn’t be so bad because you wouldn’t notice it. It would get lost in other adverts.

“There is always stuff in the press about the niqab and the burka. I feel we need to have a discussion within our communities about what is acceptable.

“Things on the white British side have almost gone too far – if it was on TV you could change the channel, if it was in a shop you don’t go in, but it’s on a bus stop and you cannot avoid it. I am not a prude, but it is so in your face.”

Since the adverts were flagged up to the T&A, she said that five appeared to have been removed.

“I don’t know whether it is coincidence, but the ones outside the church, the school and the mosque have all gone,” she said.

Rafiq Sehgal, the president of the Council for Mosques, said that Tesco “ought to be more sensitive” about where it put the boards up.

“I think in certain areas it is important to see the location and where you put them up,” he said.

“I welcome that they have taken them down. It really is sensible and really important that they get their own point across but also to look at the community they are facing where it needs to go and should not go.”

A Tesco spokesman said: “We always try take into account any sensitivities when we put up posters and are very sorry that on this occasion the location of these adverts has caused offence.

“We are taking the posters down and will be reviewing our guidelines.”

Very reminiscent of the 'outrage' that greeted another one of my favourite Xmas marketing campaigns, the Sophie Dahl 'Opium' ads from 2000:

YSLOpium_2234060a.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

“I regard myself as a fairly liberal, open-minded Christian, but there is a time and a place.
:lol: Just because you do, doesn't mean you are.  I don't mind complaints like this.  I do mind when they're taken seriously.

I think that what the Rev was too squeamish to mention was not the fact that the model is 'scantily clad' - there are hundreds of ads like that, that never merit a mention, provided the model is sitting demurely and smiling.

This one has an orgasm face, and her hands between her spread legs.

Which is why I liked it in the first place!

Every little helps.

That in 26 hours I'll be free from doing people's stupid tax returns and can relax and enjoy a weekend of watching racing on the couch.

Racing on the couch?

Yeah, I'd watch that. What channel's it on?

That in 26 hours I'll be free from doing people's stupid tax returns and can relax and enjoy a weekend of watching racing on the couch.

Racing on the couch?

Channel Floor

It's not free to air though.  You need table.

• Like 3

Racing on the couch?

Channel Floor

It's not free to air though.  You need table.

3 chairs for that - Hip hip Hooray ...

• Like 2

The F & F underwear advert currently appearing on a bus shelter near you. 

Sadly, I can't find the exact picture on the web, but if you've seen it you'll know the one I mean.  ;)

Predictable:

Tesco accused over scantily-clad model posters in Heaton

9:00am Wednesday 13th November 2013 in News By Rhys Thomas, T&A Reporter

2727481.jpg?type=articlePortrait
Reverend Clare MacLaren covers up a Tesco poster

A woman vicar has condemned Tesco for putting adverts of a scantily-clad woman outside a school, a church and a mosque.

The Reverend Clare MacLaren, of St Martin and St Barnabas churches in Heaton, said the posters had been up for about a week, on bus shelters around Heaton.

She asked whether Tesco had given any thought to the campaign, claiming that within a quarter of a mile radius, there were seven larger-than-life images of a young white woman wearing nothing but a bra, pants and fishnet tights.

“Several are right outside St Martin's Church, Heaton Primary School and our local Mosque,” she said.

“Quite apart from making me shiver just to look at her, in this chilly weather, these adverts are completely culturally insensitive. Ours is a majority Muslim community, where Christians and Muslims live and work happily and respectfully together.

“Both Christians and Muslims believe that it is right for men and women to dress with modesty in public - and would certainly not be seen at a bus stop in their underwear - so why should we have this image inflicted on us?

“It is just everywhere. The irony is that most of the Muslim ladies round here are covered up from head to toe.

“And what do the children think of it? What message is it sending to them?”

“I think if there was just one and it wasn’t right outside a mosque, church and a primary school, it wouldn’t be so bad because you wouldn’t notice it. It would get lost in other adverts.

“There is always stuff in the press about the niqab and the burka. I feel we need to have a discussion within our communities about what is acceptable.

“Things on the white British side have almost gone too far – if it was on TV you could change the channel, if it was in a shop you don’t go in, but it’s on a bus stop and you cannot avoid it. I am not a prude, but it is so in your face.”

Since the adverts were flagged up to the T&A, she said that five appeared to have been removed.

“I don’t know whether it is coincidence, but the ones outside the church, the school and the mosque have all gone,” she said.

Rafiq Sehgal, the president of the Council for Mosques, said that Tesco “ought to be more sensitive” about where it put the boards up.

“I think in certain areas it is important to see the location and where you put them up,” he said.

“I welcome that they have taken them down. It really is sensible and really important that they get their own point across but also to look at the community they are facing where it needs to go and should not go.”

A Tesco spokesman said: “We always try take into account any sensitivities when we put up posters and are very sorry that on this occasion the location of these adverts has caused offence.

“We are taking the posters down and will be reviewing our guidelines.”

Very reminiscent of the 'outrage' that greeted another one of my favourite Xmas marketing campaigns, the Sophie Dahl 'Opium' ads from 2000:

YSLOpium_2234060a.jpg

father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_t.jpg

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â