Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I got in to the recycling centre today, without an appointment. Just decided to front it up. Drove up, the guy is sat there with his little clipboard, he’s flipping the paper back n fore and looking at the reg on my car. I wound down the window and asked if everything was ok. He said…. Yeah. So I gave him a toot and drove in.

Never felt so alive.

Don’t like to brag, but did a tip run yesterday. No appointment needed. Even pulled up close to the skips I wanted. Yeah. It was a good day. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Don’t like to brag, but did a tip run yesterday. No appointment needed. Even pulled up close to the skips I wanted. Yeah. It was a good day. 

No appointment needed. It must be like some Thatcherite hell hole over there, burning up n down the roads at 30mph and just going to the tip whenever you like with your unsorted rubbish.

• Like 3

Just now, chrisp65 said:

No appointment needed. It must be like some Thatcherite hell hole over there, burning up n down the roads at 30mph and just going to the tip whenever you like with your unsorted rubbish.

Yeah. The roads over here were crazy. Even passed a cyclist. 

• Like 1

Football.

Nah not really, it's **** shit.

• Like 1

I dunno, it's nice when you can sit there knowing that we lost and that we missed big chances and still be able to say we played the 2nd best team in the country on a prime time slot and it was a decent game of football and we played some good stuff 

It's very different from where we have been 

Villa being disappointing is still so much better than just being shit 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I got in to the recycling centre today, without an appointment. Just decided to front it up. Drove up, the guy is sat there with his little clipboard, he’s flipping the paper back n fore and looking at the reg on my car. I wound down the window and asked if everything was ok. He said…. Yeah. So I gave him a toot and drove in.

Never felt so alive.

I’ve not bothered to get an appointment last couple of times I’ve been but there’s nobody checking so it’s not quite the same thrill.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I think it’s quite refreshing being able to be genuinely disappointed we didn’t beat one of the best teams in Europe for the third time in a row

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, it's nice when you can sit there knowing that we lost and that we missed big chances and still be able to say we played the 2nd best team in the country on a prime time slot and it was a decent game of football and we played some good stuff 

It's very different from where we have been 

Villa being disappointing is still so much better than just being shit 

Oh I agree.

Yet some in the match forum seem to think having an opinion is wrong (and not even an outlandish opinion!).

Bellends 😂

39 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Oh I agree.

Yet some in the match forum seem to think having an opinion is wrong (and not even an outlandish opinion!).

Bellends 😂

Match thread? Stay away from it, it's a cesspit. 

My increasing indifference cheers me up.

Well, actually it only partly cheers me up. It also makes me slightly sad and marginally bemused that I’m feeling a bit of apathy when things are really rather good. 

But what did cheer me up today was going for an impromptu, non boozy evening meal with my drinking buddy. The ciabatta bread starter was rather enjoyable.

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

@Seat68 on his way to the tip. 

mad-max.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Work finished. Taxi to the airport first thing AM. Then it's sun, sun and sun. 

Don't worry, I'll get you an Oasis ticket.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â