Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Saw the title of the thread and thought of the 140th anniversary video. I watch that whenever I need a bit of a boost because it reminds me that I'm part of something much greater than myself and that there will always be a Villa match on soon.

Sometimes the last part can make things worse but it hasn't been like that for a while! 🤣

• Like 2

On 18/08/2024 at 11:12, mjmooney said:

I tried Red Bull once, when I was going to play football after a tiring day at work. Jeez, it was foul (and expensive). Never again. 

Just saw, but did not read, an Athletic article alleging that Jamie Vardy is a prodigious guzzler of Red Bull. That might explain a lot 

I recently found how to make Alexa give specific answers to specific questions. I played with it with a few of our staff. It was a laugh. The female staff have all bought into it. A lot of boyfriends/ husbands are going to be told by Alexa to put the toilet seat down/ do the dishes/ take the rubbish out/ mow the lawn/ and any other things they can think of. They will be nagged at in stereo.

Vicky McClure - I've only ever seen her acting in This is England, so I've no idea if she's a great actress or not, although I think she's quite highly revered. But she ticks that box, you know the one, the 'women that don't normally tick the box, but you'd probably even marry this one and you can't really explain it'.

Be honest, we've all got a 'WTDNTTBBYPEMTOAYCREI' types. She's there, #1 in the list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon said:

No I agree she's actually pretty fit.  

She's a good looking woman, but she's definitely my usual bag by any stretch (if nothing else, she doesn't come across like homicidal manic).

But yes, #1 in the WTDNTTBBYPEMTOAYCREI league for me. Definitely a DHUTWU contender in WTDNTTBBYPEMTOAYCREI for sure.

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Vicky McClure - I've only ever seen her acting in This is England, so I've no idea if she's a great actress or not, although I think she's quite highly revered. But she ticks that box, you know the one, the 'women that don't normally tick the box, but you'd probably even marry this one and you can't really explain it'.

Be honest, we've all got a 'WTDNTTBBYPEMTOAYCREI' types. She's there, #1 in the list.

10 hours ago, Jon said:

No I agree she's actually pretty fit.  

You guys need psychiatric help.  You've gorn mad I tells ya. 

12 hours ago, T-Dog said:

She's great in This is England but I don't think she's a particularly good actress in general

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

She's great in This is England but I don't think she's a particularly good actress in general

She was very good in her episode of I Am and Without Sin.

Tends to be a bit less effective in Line of Duty but she's definitely got talent (as you say, she was phenomenal in This is England).

Edited by Designer1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought her best scenes in this is England with the bearded actor (who was excellent and then I'm not sure I've seen him in anything else) were largely as libbed which made them excellent 

Spoiler

Not seen it since but the rape scene was really well done but to me felt largely unscripted 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I thought her best scenes in this is England with the bearded actor (who was excellent and then I'm not sure I've seen him in anything else) were largely as libbed which made them excellent 

Hide contents

Not seen it since but the rape scene was really well done but to me felt largely unscripted 

Most of the scenes in This Is England are ad libbed to be fair. I think they're given some key lines and a sort of framework for what they want to happen in the scene and let them get on with it

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought her best scenes in this is England with the bearded actor (who was excellent and then I'm not sure I've seen him in anything else)

Johnny Harris - If you haven't seen it, watch Jawbone. Fantastic film and he's phenomenal in it.

• Like 2

Wiki'd him, the only other thing I'd seen him in was fortitude (which was great until one of the worst reveals I've ever seen on TV)

But did also see on there that the independent named that episode of TiE as the greatest episode of TV ever made 

It's up there, I'd need a lot of time to think about actual best but it's definitely a top table episode, especially for UK TV 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Male gorilla play fighting and teasing with his son. Have done similar to my son, countless times.

I got in to the recycling centre today, without an appointment. Just decided to front it up. Drove up, the guy is sat there with his little clipboard, he’s flipping the paper back n fore and looking at the reg on my car. I wound down the window and asked if everything was ok. He said…. Yeah. So I gave him a toot and drove in.

Never felt so alive.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â