Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just looked up Blue Charge on the Asda website, 40g of sugar in a 1l bottle 😳 

Honestly, there is going to be an avalanche of Diabetes caused by energy drinks. They should tax the absolute **** out of them because it's going to cripple the NHS. All the kids drink them like water before going to sit back in their gaming chair. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Firstly, I don't understand why energy drinks exist outside of professional sports. 

But what's the point of sugar free energy drink. 

And why the **** would anyone want to drink anything that tastes remotely like red bull? 

So much I don't understand. 

It's my favourite vodka mixer.

I like sugar free as normal ones make my teeth feel weird.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I just looked up Blue Charge on the Asda website, 40g of sugar in a 1l bottle 😳 

I can't get one litre bottles anymore, via online shopping and delivery. Prefer them as they are cheaper.

As above, I don't like the stuff if it's not sugar free as it makes me feel yucky.

One week they hadn't got any sugar free so subbed it for the standard. I sent it back.

Isn't the sugar in energy drinks comparable to a normal 'full fat' coke? I might be wrong, but I thought they were pretty much the same?

Anyway, Monster Ultra (white) and Vodka is the way to go. Power Lemonade. 

I tried Red Bull once, when I was going to play football after a tiring day at work. Jeez, it was foul (and expensive). Never again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I tried Red Bull once, when I was going to play football after a tiring day at work. Jeez, it was foul (and expensive). Never again. 

It's the best example of the power of advertising. A whole industry created by marketers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Firstly, I don't understand why energy drinks exist outside of professional sports. 

But what's the point of sugar free energy drink. 

And why the **** would anyone want to drink anything that tastes remotely like red bull? 

So much I don't understand. 

Caffeine innit. 

It’s coffee for people who don’t like (or don’t want) coffee

I used to drink vodka red bull on nights out, until I got fed up of getting home at 4am and then lying awake in bed with a raised heart rate and my eyes wide open! 

• Like 1

I don’t like the taste of coffee anymore but wanted caffeine so I took to drinking monster or red bull. I also now wear lynx. I do like a vodka and red bull though. 

• Haha 1

Yeah I used to drink Vodka Redbull in my uni days, but only way one of those types of drinks pass my lips now is if I somehow get talked into a very rare and very drunken jaeger bomb.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah I used to drink Vodka Redbull in my uni days, but only way one of those types of drinks pass my lips now is if I somehow get talked into a very rare and very drunken jaeger bomb.

What's wrong with a nice Pimms and Lemonade I say! 

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't even like jager bombs, would rather just have the jager straight, there was nothing worse when out drinking when a mate got a round of them in and it was one shot of jager sat in half a litre of knock off red bull

As it goes jager lemonade makes a half decent short that no one seems to drink 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack myself when I see someone buying those massive cans of Monster.

I'd never had Monster before, but for election night when i wanted to do an all nighter I bought 4. Assumed that would do the trick

They actually tasted really nice (I got a variety of flavours) but I could only drink one. It was so sweet it made me feel sick.

I got about halfway through the second one when I was really flagging tiredness wise, but couldn't finish it.

Took me until the weekend just gone to finish the other two.

On 18/08/2024 at 11:12, mjmooney said:

Ah, an opening to recount my shaggy dog story about the one time I drank Red Bull (which I've probably posted on here beforre, but I'm getting old and repeat myself a lot).

I was bicycling after work with friends ~20 years ago and we were on the flats approaching a grueling climb (something like 2000 ft. over 5 miles with few interruptions).  A silver VW beetle with Red Bull graphics and a red bull mascot on top passed us.  I thought, "That's odd.   What's that car doing out here on a Wednesday at 7:00 PM with no other cyclists in sight?   Maybe their publicity guy is on his way home."   A mile or so later, as the actual climbing is starting, we see the car at the side of the road with 2 guys standing next to it.  They offer us cans of Red Bull as we pedal past slowly, like they do with food and water at road races.  I figured, what the hell.   I was starting a tough climb on a warm day and was flagging a little, so I could use a cold energy boost and drank it.  I didn't find it repulsive, but I couldn't understand why anyone would want to drink it unless they needed an energy and it was the only option available, let alone as a drink of choice.   I've never had it again.

TL,DR:   I also tried it once and will never drink it again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â