Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

private-practice-amelia-shepherd.gif

Ever since the day I was born, I’ve got ever so slightly heavier every day. I’m 37 and I don’t know when it will stop.

13 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Got into a bit of a situation last year, the police got involved. 

I know there's 3 sides to every story, I'm fine with that.

Well, months later, months without my phone, a number charges that could have ruined my life, 2 police officers that seemed hellbent on getting a prosecution out of nothing, one horrendous black eye (mine, nobody else's) and a day in Magistrates court...

All charges dropped. 

9 months of hell, and I mean literally falling off the planet completely, not so much because of the other people involved, but because of the way the whole thing was dealt with, and now life is back to normal again.

**** right that cheers me up.

Well that sounds awful. Sorry you had to go through it in the first place. Hope you can quickly put the stress and any resentment behind you and start living properly again. Good for you :thumb:

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Well that sounds awful. Sorry you had to go through it in the first place. Hope you can quickly put the stress and any resentment behind you and start living properly again. Good for you :thumb:

Appreciate that sir, thank you. It was a situation I should have walked away from (well, I did at first, but then went back) - I take responsibility for my actions, and I'll be very wary about ever trusting the Police and their processes ever again. Sometimes you need the big incidents in your life just to get things back on track again, and I'm cool with that.

• Like 3

Have just discovered Boom radio and am thoroughly enjoying it. 

Older djs no yapping over records and some quality tunes esp the ones I'd forgotten about. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Older djs no yapping over records and some quality tunes esp the ones I'd forgotten about. 

In never listen to radio, and I'm automatically sceptical about that sort of station, fearing the worst excesses of Tony Blackburn et al. 

But I just had a look at their playlists, and I must admit it's not bad. 

Still don't need it, but if I was forced to listen to a radio station, it looks like jt would be a lot more bearable than most. 

EDIT: Actually, no, scrub that, I just had a listen. It's got adverts, jingles and David Hamilton. The odd good record isn't worth it. Back to Spotify playlists for me. 

Edited by mjmooney

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Boomer radio? 

• Haha 1

I had a drive back from Manchester last year after seeing The Delgados and wanted something completely different to listen to, so put Boom on. I liked it, not enough to have it on in the house but musically it was fairly good. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In never listen to radio, and I'm automatically sceptical about that sort of station, fearing the worst excesses of Tony Blackburn et al. 

But I just had a look at their playlists, and I must admit it's not bad. 

Still don't need it, but if I was forced to listen to a radio station, it looks like jt would be a lot more bearable than most. 

EDIT: Actually, no, scrub that, I just had a listen. It's got adverts, jingles and David Hamilton. The odd good record isn't worth it. Back to Spotify playlists for me. 

I've been tuning in to Caroline for about a year, apart from they only seem to have the same 6 ads and an unholy obsession with the Schmeatles, they play some great stuff.

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Boomer radio? 

Indeed...for that generation. Admittedly you have still put up with Tony Blackburn, David Diddy Hamilton and similar sounding presenters but the range of tunes from crooners to stranglers brings back many memories 

34 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Indeed...for that generation. Admittedly you have still put up with Tony Blackburn, David Diddy Hamilton and similar sounding presenters but the range of tunes from crooners to stranglers brings back many memories 

Admittedly I pay for Spotify, but if I want to listen to a load of 60s/70s pop & rock tracks, I can choose from scores of playlists, and listen for hours, never hearing a DJ, a jingle or an advert. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Do they play Bachman Turner Overdrive?

IMG-0327.jpg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Do they play Bachman Turner Overdrive?

IMG-0327.jpg

Not 'arf, great mate !

• Like 1

Tax rebate? Thank you very much. Second year in a row. I guess it means they’ve screwed up again but if it’s in my favour, I’ll proceed straight to “go” and collect my money. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I've been tuning in to Caroline for about a year, apart from they only seem to have the same 6 ads and an unholy obsession with the Schmeatles, they play some great stuff.

Lat/Long of their location please. I need to arrange something

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

was talk off  a lads do there that went on hold the last few years as I couldn't go , finally I'm not longer the bad guy holding it up :) 

So where will you be visiting? Please don’t say Las Vegas 🤞

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

6 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

So where will you be visiting? Please don’t say Las Vegas 🤞

Tbh I've already done a lot of America before my ban so I've been to a lot of the places I wanted to see already but a road trip with MrsH29 at some point would be cool

Done Vegas twice before , I actually don't mind it  , but one of our friends had a massive gambling addiction a few years back so we agreed  behind his back that Vegas was a big No No regardless 

New Orleans seems the popular choice for the lads do  , plus I'm a Saints fan so another trip to the Superdome works for me :) 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Tbh I've already done a lot of America before my ban so I've been to a lot of the places I wanted to see already but a road trip with MrsH29 at some point would be cool

Done Vegas twice before , I actually don't mind it  , but one of our friends had a massive gambling addiction a few years back so we agreed  behind his back that Vegas was a big No No regardless 

New Orleans seems the popular choice for the lads do  , plus I'm a Saints fan so another trip to the Superdome works for me :) 

👍👍 Great food city. If you can’t have fun there you can’t have fun. If you road trip with the Mrs and get to CA look me up. 

• Like 1

First home game of the season, so meeting up with friends and talking absolute shite for a couple of hours. With obvious sympathy and soothing words for the one that writes the programme and managed to give us a team consisting of Evan Press twenty times.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â