Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The ones I don't get are the 'baby on board' stickers.  It's not as if I was going to drive into the back of them if they didn't have a baby in the car.  Just seems a bit unnecessary.

There is a real reason for those, it’s if there’s an accident so the emergency services know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There is a real reason for those, it’s if there’s an accident so the emergency services know. 

Even if this is true, I'd sooner throw my son into a volcano than have one of those stickers/signs

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Even if this is true, I'd sooner throw my son into a volcano than have one of those stickers/signs

It’s the inconvenience of having to remove it every time the child wasn’t in the car, or the thought they wouldn’t look for a kid in a car with a child seat but no sticker. Feels like a potentially flawed system, sticker admin..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The ones I don't get are the 'baby on board' stickers.  It's not as if I was going to drive into the back of them if they didn't have a baby in the car.  Just seems a bit unnecessary.

I saw one the other day after someone was recklessly trying to overtake on a single lane road (typical Polish behaviour actually) and ended up just parked at the same traffic lights in front of me.

Thought "It's gonna take more than a **** sticker to save your baby if you crash cause you're driving like a word removed."

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I finished power washing the patio today. Mrs Lifeboats is delighted

Did our drive at the weekend. 

All Mrs MJM could say was "You've missed a bit". 

Thursdays.

On a Thursday, my missus does the week’s supermarket shop, without me. I never ever have to do ‘the big shop’.

Thursday evening, the fridge and cupboards are full and the choice is endless and there are treats. Thursday’s evening meal could be anything from anywhere around the world, followed by a maple syrup and pecan pastry.

On Thursday evening, my local record shop issues the list of all new stuff they have in from Friday morning.

Thursday evening, there is only Friday left, and everyone loves a Friday.

I bloody loves Thursdays. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Thursdays.

On a Thursday, my missus does the week’s supermarket shop, without me. I never ever have to do ‘the big shop’.

Thursday evening, the fridge and cupboards are full and the choice is endless and there are treats. Thursday’s evening meal could be anything from anywhere around the world, followed by a maple syrup and pecan pastry.

On Thursday evening, my local record shop issues the list of all new stuff they have in from Friday morning.

Thursday evening, there is only Friday left, and everyone loves a Friday.

I bloody loves Thursdays. 

I used to love Thursdays, when I was on a diet, life was awful. I never had any joy, apart from Thursdays. Thursday I would weigh in, then get the "worst" food imaginable for tea and a bottle of wine. I loved Thursdays. These days every day is a Thursday. I may buy an album now, because my wife is probably buying tat in Cornwall and there needs to be balance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I used to love Thursdays, when I was on a diet, life was awful. I never had any joy, apart from Thursdays. Thursday I would weigh in, then get the "worst" food imaginable for tea and a bottle of wine. I loved Thursdays. These days every day is a Thursday. I may buy an album now, because my wife is probably buying tat in Cornwall and there needs to be balance.

Pre emptive vinyl strikes are just the best.

• Like 2

Was at the supermarket earlier, got to the till to pay for everything at the end as you do and just as i've bagged up everything and about to pay, some guy nudges past me to then lean back and tap his card on the chip and pin machine and pays for it!

At first I was a bit like WTF?, but then I seen someone about 10ft away (who was obviously associated with him) standing holding a camera obviously filming this whole thing.

I soon realised it was probably one of these latest TikTok trends that must be the new craze of paying for strangers shopping to get famous or something?

Either way, I'm not complaining - Silly TikTok trend or no, well done that man.    :cheers:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

A long day out, but so far I’ve successfully avoided the results ahead of MOTD.

Looking forward to this.

OK I've changed my response from like to laughing. I didn't want to piss on your cheered up chips last night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Had a great time only slightly ruined by the **** Villa result and a Beatles tribute act who luckily only got through one and a half numbers before we got out the door.

Least they could have done was found you a Beach Boys tribute band. 

Happy Birthday, btw (was it a 'zero' number?) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You know the surprise party that happens in every sitcom but the protagonist always knows it’s coming?

This happened to me yesterday but I had absolutely no idea, almost whole family and my best mate of 55 years all sitting there grinning when I walked in.

Had a great time only slightly ruined by the **** Villa result and a Beatles tribute act who luckily only got through one and a half numbers before we got out the door.

Is this you fishing for a happy birthday Rob? Assuming its a big one if a surprise party so as old as the second Beach Boys album.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Least they could have done was found you a Beach Boys tribute band. 

Happy Birthday, btw (was it a 'zero' number?) 

Yes mate a zero number, and the Beatles guy was booked already as they have live music every Saturday, if we weren’t going to Northumberland on Monday we’d have done it then I expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Is this you fishing for a happy birthday Rob? Assuming its a big one if a surprise party so as old as the second Beach Boys album.

Correct Mr Seat and thanks, no certainly not fishing, nothing happy about getting old!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Correct Mr Seat and thanks, no certainly not fishing, nothing happy about getting old!

If my experience is anything to go by, the next decade will fly by in the wink of an eye. My 60th feels like it was about two years ago. It was nine, and now 70 is bearing down on me. Better start planning the pissup, I suppose. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You know the surprise party that happens in every sitcom but the protagonist always knows it’s coming?

This happened to me yesterday but I had absolutely no idea, almost whole family and my best mate of 55 years all sitting there grinning when I walked in.

Happy 70th Roberto!

:trollface:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Happy 70th Roberto!

:trollface:

You jest but at least if that were true I’d be retired 🥳

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â