Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Almost universal positive reviews about Pulp performances in their first couple of shows. Love them to bits. 

Britpop. Blur or Oasis? Pulp please. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On 28/05/2023 at 15:30, Xela said:

In competition with Rolf Harris Learn To Swim as the most I'll judged advert in hindsight in history award. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Not sure what thread this belongs in, but made me laugh

Hmmm. Pretty daft really.  They accepted the gig, either embrace it and try to gain a few new fans or decline it. Stupid scheduling really. Royal Blood being a warm up act for Niall Horan is not rocket surgery thinking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmmm. Pretty daft really.  They accepted the gig, either embrace it and try to gain a few new fans or decline it. Stupid scheduling really. Royal Blood being a warm up act for Niall Horan is not rocket surgery thinking. 

I think with these rOcK mUsiC types they sometimes confuse turning up the dials on an amp with being the baddest men who ever lived

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Not sure what thread this belongs in, but made me laugh

Wow - what a couple of Prima Donnas 😂😂😂 

as others have said - what do you expect when signing up to appear for the teenybopper centric Radio 1 festival! 

I wouldn’t mind but they’re not particularly ‘rock’ themselves… always considered them a heavyish pop band (especially their most recent offerings)

It could’ve been worse for them - they could’ve had the Daphne and Celeste treatment at the Reading festival 😮

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It could’ve been worse for them - they could’ve had the Daphne and Celeste treatment at the Reading festival 😮

Nah at least Daphne and Celeste caused a reaction, thats far better than the complete indifference of this crowd.

Daphne and Celeste were put in that situation deliberately because it had become a Reading tradition and someone had to be that act. They got to generate publicity out of that

Royal Blood just bored the arse off thousands of people and reacted like it was the crowds fault they are boring

That wasn't their first appearance at Big Weekend either, they've done it before

• Like 1

Genuine complaint....

Dear Sir or Madam. I am writing to advise you of the attitude and foul language of one of your drivers his badge No  is XXXX he collected my wife and I .... He engaged my wife in conversation as she was sitting in the front seat of his car within 2 minutes he had used F**k 3 times in general conversation.

He moved his conversation to the Bas**rds in the Tory party blaming them for f**king Covid and how he was pleased that the Bitch Thatcher was dead and how he hoped it was not a “nice death”. My wife was getting upset so I asked them both to be quiet to which he said it’s my F**kin taxi and I will say what I want. He is not a good ambassador for your company and I will think twice before using you again, we use your company at least 7 times a week that will reduce to as and when we cant use Metro or S R C.

I await your comments

Dear Sir, please realise that in this city, your's is a minority opinion. Good luck with your use of rival companies  Please also treat you wife with a little more respect.(We haven't but we are tempted)

I mean, politics aside, that’s a fairly unpleasant way to talk to random strangers! I know it’s just a taxi ride and wouldn’t bother me what the driver said to me if I got to where I wanted, but can kind of see quite a lot of people being uncomfortable with that situation, even if sharing the general political sentiment.

• Like 3

the taxi driver comes across as a word removed tbh , probably angry at working for the only company in England that didn't give people a day off for the coronation  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the taxi driver comes across as a word removed tbh

How can you tell? It's a complaint, there are two sides to EVERY story like that

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the only company in England that didn't give people a day off for the coronation

I think you missed the point of that conversation, I didn't want the day off :P 

44 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Best thing about Uber in my opinion, all the drivers I've had have been so pleasant. ;)

That's what happens to modern slaves ;) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â