Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh don't worry, you'll get it next Sunday with the relegation battle.

I can't wait for that. Absolutely love last day of the Premier League.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Found out last night that John Fogerty is playing Dublin tonight. I think I may end up going.

I found out last night that Sparks are playing Liverpool tomorrow. No bloody tickets left :( 

Getting some limited edition Opal Fruits and having the greens and yellows as separate sweets.

That's right, green and yellows are the best flavours in the sweets world.  Take that you boring red and purple munching normies!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Getting some limited edition Opal Fruits and having the greens and yellows as separate sweets.

That's right, green and yellows are the best flavours in the sweets world.  Take that you boring red and purple munching normies!

Purple? Opal Fruits were green, yellow, red and orange, weren't they? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Purple? Opal Fruits were green, yellow, red and orange, weren't they? 

Correct, whilst Starburst are light green (lemon & lime), orange, red and purple

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

2-3 thousand people going mental to 80s anthem after 80s anthem. 

Young and old. 

**** you lot. Joy was everywhere. 

In my mind, you can't beat 80s and early/mid 90s tunes for a singalong. I might sound like my Dad now, but nothing out today will have people singing in festivals in 30-40 years time (IMO)

• Like 3

On 24/05/2023 at 15:59, Wainy316 said:

Got two bags from B&M.....a,place I'd never consider going in to.....but blimey you can get loads of good stuff in there, including the limited edition lamb and mint crisps from walkers

• Like 1

I haven’t listened to everything yet, but suspect all decades have good music and poor music.

All hail the trained classicist that transports us to heaven and everyday folk that picked up a bass and stumbled upon a banger.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Got two bags from B&M.....a,place I'd never consider going in to.....but blimey you can get loads of good stuff in there, including the limited edition lamb and mint crisps from walkers

That’s where I got mine from too 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

In my mind, you can't beat 80s and early/mid 90s tunes for a singalong. I might sound like my Dad now, but nothing out today will have people singing in festivals in 30-40 years time (IMO)

It’s possible - they’re definitely the pop decades. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

The Proclaimers 500 miles was a suprise song to get the place rocking 🤘😎

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I haven’t listened to everything yet, but suspect all decades have good music and poor music.

Indeed, I didn't quantify it as better music, just as @bobzy says, generally more 'poppy' with catch lyrics. I love Dogs by Pink Floyd, but its not going to get a wedding party going like A Little Respect or Everybody Wants to Rule the World :)

Praise be for music!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â