Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

None of the replacement options for the fridge are available. Even the ones you have to pay extra for.

...bloodyhell.

AliveRightIndianrockpython-max-1mb.gif

That insurance sounds like a pain in the arse. Could’ve just ordered one from Currys or AO or Amazon and had it next day. 

On 20/04/2023 at 13:03, Chindie said:

Years ago my nan took out an extended warranty on a fridge. When she died my dad took over the policy and over the years other appliances got added to it, and whenever something broke you rang up and a bloke came round to fix it. When my dad died, I took over the policy because that was the easiest thing to do and I've had the cooker, fridge and washing machine (...repeatedly) repaired over the years. In that time the cost of the policy could probably have replaced each appliance once, but still...

Anyway, the fridge broke about a month ago. Finally I got someone to look at it yesterday. He took a look, checked a few things, said they'd need to order a part and it's a big job to fix, so they'll be in touch. Today I get an email which, in short, says effectively 'sod fixing that, pick a new one'.

New fridge! Nevermind I've paid enough to buy about 3 new fridges over the years, they finally gave me a new one!

On 21/04/2023 at 11:24, Chindie said:

None of the replacement options for the fridge are available. Even the ones you have to pay extra for.

...bloodyhell.

AliveRightIndianrockpython-max-1mb.gif

They're now sending me reminders that the fridge is broken and they want to give me a new one.

But none of the replacements are available.

Kafka couldn't write better.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

In the supermarket earlier this afternoon and there was a couple of pallets of that Prime drink. No-one seemed to be bothered by it. 

Makes me chuckle thinking about the people who spent hundreds of pounds on bottles of this flavoured water because they wanted to look cool on ThickTok or Instagram, or they couldn't say no to their bratty kids. 

I'd never even heard of it til two days ago when the woman on the till in Pound land was on about it. 

People really are **** Morons. 

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

I used to drink in this pub, when it was in the centre of town. One year our Christmas party was cancelled due to snow, we walked to this pub, which was open, empty, and serving homemade soup and dark. Spent the day there and it was the best office do ever.

Then the landowner decided they wanted it flattened to extend a car park.

Taken down brick by brick and rebuilt elsewhere, in a museum, it’s even going to have a license again. I shall be back drinking in a pub I used to drink in, which is now part of a museum!

St Fagans?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

League Cup Final today, and with us leading 3:0 at half time the crew on RedWall thought they’d get a Barry fan up on the gantry to give their view of the game so far. My mate John is selected for TV duties.

Media person: John talk us through the goals…

John: Well, the first one was a cracker, then there was the second, then to be honest I’ve had a few beers and I don’t remember the third.

Media person: Thanks John.

I'm liking John already. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

The amazing thing about non-league football is being able to watch the game from the terraces with a beer in hand.

Wait what? 

The terrible thing about non league for me is stepping away form villa for 5+ years turning up at kiddy harriers paying £22 for the privelavge and then wishing id rather be in the pub

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Wait what? 

The terrible thing about non league for me is stepping away form villa for 5+ years turning up at kiddy harriers paying £22 for the privelavge and then wishing id rather be in the pub

You get the best of both worlds. At Tamworth the bar has windows onto the pitch too, so if you don’t want to take your beer outside you can watch from the bar :D 

On 29/04/2023 at 23:19, villa4europe said:

Wait what? 

Covid definitely put the price of non league football up. It used to be £10-£15 max pre pandemic. I guess they need to recoup some of the money lost. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Covid definitely put the price of non league football up. It used to be £10-£15 max pre pandemic. I guess they need to recoup some of the money lost. 

Would guess harriers being a "big" club at that level doesn't help either

5k empty seats most weeks

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You can imagine my delight when I opened the small, extra shed that was in the garden of the new house... only to find it contained just one item.

Cushions

He must have taken the other 5 sheds with him

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â