Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

23 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

How much turmeric? 

I don't measure spice, I shake it from its containers but I'd say a heaped teaspoon approximately. 

For me personally I put in twice as much cumin as I do turmeric, so 1 tsp turmeric and 2 tsp cumin sounds about right, probably then 2 tsp garam masala too

There's then also so weird science thing that I don't understand where there's a load of good stuff in turmeric and if you cook it with proper cracked black pepper your body's absorption rate sky rockets

Edit - the 2:1 ratio is for everything not just robs curry! Shakshuka etc is all the same 

Edited by villa4europe

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For me personally I put in twice as much cumin as I do turmeric, so 1 tsp turmeric and 2 tsp cumin sounds about right, probably then 2 tsp garam masala too

There's then also so weird science thing that I don't understand where there's a load of good stuff in turmeric and if you cook it with proper cracked black pepper your body's absorption rate sky rockets

Edit - the 2:1 ratio is for everything not just robs curry! Shakshuka etc is all the same 

The secret ingredients should always be asafoetida & freshly ground fenugreek seeds (and a generous shake of kasuri methi).

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

The secret ingredients should always be asafoetida & freshly ground fenugreek seeds (and a generous shake of kasuri methi).

I think the cumin in my cupboard is 4 years old and I ain't gonna be using them pair! 

I do need to use fenugreek more though 

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Shit I forgot both the methi and the asafoetida... Because I've run out of both. 

A restock at washwood heath is already pencilled in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I don't measure spice, I shake it from its containers but I'd say a heaped teaspoon approximately. 

giphy.gif

It's all getting a bit home ec in here

First home game of the season tomorrow and we appear to be getting the old band back together.

Tough times last season and a few people lost it a bit and we had a few flounce out, a few banned from the bar, even had the tannoy announcer sacked on the last day! But lots of behind the scenes work appears to have paid off.

This will be exceptionally good for the mental elf of quite a few middle aged dickheads with nothing better to do. 

• Like 3

On 05/08/2022 at 17:52, Ingram85 said:

Been to South Wales coast today. Had a lovely lunch in Penarth and a walk along the pier then drove on to Porthcawl. Porthcawl is really beautiful, especially Rest Bay. The beach is great. About to go into town and have a look at the harbour before heading back.

I love Somerset but you drive the same distance in England and you get to Watchet which is nice but it has what I call coco pop milk sea. Here it’s got a blue tint to it. Gorgeous. Squint a bit and it could be Devon or Cornwall. 

Looks like I'll be in Bridgend next weekend. Not a clue what to expect 😁🤷🏻‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Looks like I'll be in Bridgend next weekend. Not a clue what to expect 😁🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Go to Rest Bay, dinner by the harbour, go to Ogmore castle and the sand dunes near by. Coney beach wasn’t my thing, it’s your typical cheap noisy gaudy amusements/family beach zone.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â