Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

49 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Could have gone in the "Piss You Off" thread to start, as the wife's car insurance renewal has just come in.

Bearing in mind we moved to a MUCH better post code last year, and both our monthly payments went down, Lloyds bank think an almost £60 increase in my wife's premium is justified.

Well they can **** off because Compare te Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerkat tells me nine other insurers will do it for less, and in the case of the lowest premium it's £105 cheaper for the exact same cover.

Now THAT cheers me up (and the fact I'm about to do a chicken & peanut butter curry for dinner later) :)

Every time I've done your curry recipe for people they are blown away. The free gift that keeps on giving. Thank you for ever Rob!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Every time I've done your curry recipe for people they are blown away. The free gift that keeps on giving. Thank you for ever Rob!

Eye thank ewe :)

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Now THAT cheers me up (and the fact I'm about to do a chicken & peanut butter curry for dinner later) :)

Don't forget:

download.jpeg

On 08/08/2022 at 15:17, Wainy316 said:

Don't get your hopes up, in Iran and USA he'll be playing against better defences.  He will get to have a game against Harry McGuire though I guess.

Non league to Prem, Euros, and World Cup.

it can be done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Could have gone in the "Piss You Off" thread to start, as the wife's car insurance renewal has just come in.

Bearing in mind we moved to a MUCH better post code last year, and both our monthly payments went down, Lloyds bank think an almost £60 increase in my wife's premium is justified.

Well they can **** off because Compare te Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerkat tells me nine other insurers will do it for less, and in the case of the lowest premium it's £105 cheaper for the exact same cover.

They all do it, every time. I’ve even raised it with staff at the various insurers I’ve used and they just do a ‘virtual shoulder shrug’ and say that’s just what happens.

A lot of people probably just keep paying an increase each year thinking it’s normal, it’s not, as you’ve done, go on any price comparison site and invariably you’ll get lower quotes. Then you call back your current insurer, tell them the quotes you’ve had online and low and behold, 4 times out of 5 they can miraculously offer you the same terms.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They all do it, every time. I’ve even raised it with staff at the various insurers I’ve used and they just do a ‘virtual shoulder shrug’ and say that’s just what happens.

A lot of people probably just keep paying an increase each year thinking it’s normal, it’s not, as you’ve done, go on any price comparison site and invariably you’ll get lower quotes. Then you call back your current insurer, tell them the quotes you’ve had online and low and behold, 4 times out of 5 they can miraculously offer you the same terms.

It's a couple of things.

Firstly car insurance is basically a loss leader. Terms are offered below what the insurer realistically thinks they should be to get you on board, and once they have you they bank on you not moving (because it's a hassle/you forget) and also that you might fancy tying up other lines of product with them.

Secondly car insurance, from the insurers perspective, is a crap market. Claims are guaranteed across the book and have the propensity for unusually big ones with regularity. Things have changed with increased fraud and increased payouts for injuries, so they see more claims and they are getting bigger. As a result the insurers constantly mix up appetite and book to balance things.

It's crap all round.

Here is a very easy and different meal.I lived in Calcutta for a while and this meal is called "Fragie" ( might not be the right spelling )

After you have eaten your sunday roast

Dice the leftover roast 

Dice the leftover potatoes

Fry that lot up and serve with plain white rice.

Check it out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Probably right,  :)

Ok for @AVFC_Hitzand anyone else interested...

Stir fry finely chopped onions in oil until slightly brown. Add garlic and ginger, I use frozen blocks of both, stir fry for ten minutes. Obviously if you prefer fresh that's as good if not better.

Add a desert spoon of curry paste. This is optional, I use it as I make my own, you can also get it in jars from the shops. 

Add powdered coriander and cumin, I just shake it straight in the pan, probably two teaspoons of each. Stir fry give minutes. 

Add salt, black pepper, turmeric. Stir fry five minutes. 

Add chilli now if you want this curry hotter. I did it without as the wife likes it mild. 

Instead of chilli you can put a bit of paprika in, it's not hot. 

Bit of garam masala too, stir fry. 

As you stir fry add water to prevent the sauce burning and to keep a nice consistency. 

Add a big squeeze of tomato puree, two tablespoons of peanut butter (the stuff without sugar is best like Pip & Nut) and a large dollop of sesame paste (tahini). 

Strir fry then add either plain yoghurt, about three tablespoons worth, and/or some coconut milk. Optional.

Stir fry for ten, add your choice of meat and or veg, simmer for 15 and that's about it. 

Coriander leaf garnish goes without saying

How much turmeric? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â