Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm sure he regrets falling for that moron's bait, but god damn it's satisfying.

The world would be a more considerate place if more people were worried about getting punched in the mouth.

Yeah the Eddie Jones one was pretty cool too, geezer soon shat his pants.

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Because what! 😂

You really do know how to wind people up don't you.  Have you never heard the saying?  Well, I didn't think I really needed to say it but because you want to know:

- Mum is recovering from lung cancer and is finding things difficult with anxiety, for reasons see below.

- Dad has come out of hospital recently after severe pneumonia.  Whilst in hospital they discovered something on his kidney.

- The thing on his kidney turns out to be a tumour and they don't know yet whether it is malignant or benign.

Glad you asked (well it wasn't really an ask) with your laughing with tears emoji?

Edited by trekka
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, trekka said:

You really do know how to wind people up don't you.  Have you never heard the saying?  Well, I didn't think I really needed to say it but because you want to know:

- Mum is recovering from lung cancer and is finding things difficult with anxiety, for reasons see below.

- Dad has come out of hospital recently after severe pneumonia.  Whilst in hospital they discovered something on his kidney.

- The thing on his kidney turns out to be a tumour and they don't know yet whether it is malignant or benign.

Glad you asked with your laughing with tears emoji?

It's "Paddys things that cheer you up", didn't know it was going to be sad news, thought it was just because it's a random nice thing to do.

Anyway, on a serious note, wishing good news for you and your family, I'm sure from all at VT too. 👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's "Paddys things that cheer you up", didn't know it was going to be sad news, thought it was just because it's a random nice thing to do.

Anyway, on a serious note, wishing good news for you and your family, I'm sure from all at VT too. 👍

It's completely fine! I was just cheered up knowing that I did a random thing to surprise them (I've been seeing them a lot lately) so it is unexpected and will hopefully cheer them up.  It cheers me up knowing I've sent it to them to err hopefully cheer them up :).  

I wasn't intending to go into detail and I may have been a bit sensitive on my response but your wishes are appreciated. All will be well.

EDIT: Now go VT.  Back to cheerier things! 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

Bizarre scenes in our house this morning...

Knock at the door, an unexpected parcel, it's clinking but it's addressed to me and the missus but with her surname which usually indicates its off her brother or sister

My immediate thought is *shit have I forgotten her Birthday?* - nope

Anyway, as it's obviously from the missus family, I hand it over to her to open after razor blading the packing tape for her

6 bottles of beer :D The missus isn't really a beer drinker :D:D:D

She just turned the box upside down and littered to floor with polystyrene packing flumps in the hope there at least a packet or artisan crisps in there :D nope

So now we don't know who sent it and why they sent beer. There absolutely no way its her sister IMO because she can't manage to remember birthdays let alone be sending random gifts, especially one thats more for me

Certainly had me chuckling and the missus fuming :D

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bizarre scenes in our house this morning...

Knock at the door, an unexpected parcel, it's clinking but it's addressed to me and the missus but with her surname which usually indicates its off her brother or sister

My immediate thought is *shit have I forgotten her Birthday?* - nope

Anyway, as it's obviously from the missus family, I hand it over to her to open after razor blading the packing tape for her

6 bottles of beer :D The missus isn't really a beer drinker :D:D:D

She just turned the box upside down and littered to floor with polystyrene packing flumps in the hope there at least a packet or artisan crisps in there :D nope

So now we don't know who sent it and why they sent beer. There absolutely no way its her sister IMO because she can't manage to remember birthdays let alone be sending random gifts, especially one thats more for me

Certainly had me chuckling and the missus fuming :D

Peace offering from Lytham. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Peace offering from Lytham.

It's definitely from her family, they used her surname. It's got to be her brother but WHY?

Oh well I don't have to buy any beer ths week :D

• Like 1

The package gets more strange

It has a gift note on it with a personal message. It just says "Because..."

We're now even more mystified as it's not really the behaviour of either of her siblings

Anyway, free beer!

Seeing David Harbour on the way to see him in a west end show with Bill Pullman on Friday and then almost walking straight into Amy Adams signing autographs after her performance in a theatre round the corner on my walk home. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 23/07/2022 at 10:59, bickster said:

The package gets more strange

It has a gift note on it with a personal message. It just says "Because..."

We're now even more mystified as it's not really the behaviour of either of her siblings

Anyway, free beer!

You should keep up the ruse now. Keep sending you her 6 beers a week :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As I said in the other thread I had an emergency meeting in Bristol so had to fly out, the meeting was yesterday, was originally booked for today but that all got cancelled cos the big boss had something else on, my flight Monday got cancelled so me and a woman in the office had to run round and reschedule everything because I wasn't allowed to miss it the meeting was too important, then lufthansa went on strike so the day long really important meeting got knocked down to 4 hours long

Hard to believe this isn't in the piss me off thread... 

But then as I found out yesterday during the meeting because of all the mad scrambling round they only booked my line manager, who's a massive clearing in the woods and I can only assume got his job via a winning raffle ticket, a one way flight 😂 he had to organise getting home himself resulting in him taking a bus to Heathrow this morning fly to Amsterdam and then get a train to cologne today which is probably the most ass about tit way to get home and sums him up perfectly

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Charging about a soft play centre with my son. Normally this is utter hell, however, it took an enjoyable turn when a rather attractive young blonde lady unexpectedly sat on my face. 

Really glad you included the word 'lady' in that sentence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Charging about a soft play centre with my son. Normally this is utter hell, however, it took an enjoyable turn when a rather attractive young blonde lady unexpectedly sat on my face. 

Did she tell you that she loved you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â