Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

How the hell do you know how quiet Christmas and New Year is, you finish work late October and don't return till the second week of February. 

Not true! I've worked every Christmas period since 2008! :D 

I used to have the 3-4 weeks off beforehand when I went on the lads holidays, but that always meant covering the graveyard shifts at Xmas, when I got back. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not true! I've worked every Christmas period since 2008! :D 

I used to have the 3-4 weeks off beforehand when I went on the lads holidays, but that always meant covering the graveyard shifts at Xmas, when I got back. 

I genuinely have this idea of you taking a huge amount of time over Christmas off. Now it seems it's completely unfounded. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I genuinely have this idea of you taking a huge amount of time over Christmas off. Now it seems it's completely unfounded. 

I used to basically take December off by a combination of stealth and total indifference to summer holidays. I'd end up in November with about 18 days left to take. Work about 3 days of December just so I'm not taking the total piss (+ Christmas Eve cuz sod all happens Christmas Eve) and that was that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Xela to VT: Just had a few days off work, much needed. Went to Skegness and rogered a bloke who sells lemon flavoured rock.

x 18 a calendar year

What rubbish.

Its Bognor Regis. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Look at these ridiculous things my kid and I got yesterday at a local Puerto Rican "limberia" (hard to explain, but it's a kind of cold-drinks cafe). The one on the left is Ferrero Rocher flavour -- the right is Nutella. Those are the island flags. They're a bit like granitas. They DID cheer us up, in fact.  

FullSizeRender-compressed 2.jpg

Are those five dollar shakes? 

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Are those five dollar shakes? 

They're $7.99. Not an unusual price for a hand-made dessert beverage like that in my part of the country. My kid just went somewhere for a $11 milkshake for (another!) special treat. Teenager. Eats endlessly and stays skinny ...

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Flight got cancelled have to stay in Bergamo for two extra days, oh no!

Unlucky, that is so darn unfortunate. You have my deepest sympathy. No doubt the airline will be paying you compensation and accomodating you in this stressful time

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Unlucky, that is so darn unfortunate. You have my deepest sympathy. No doubt the airline will be paying you compensation and accomodating you in this stressful time

ATC strike so nope but all the pasta and wine will do just fine 

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Went to see the folks today and was nice to sit in their garden, hearing the birds sing and sheep bleat. Lovely! 

My Mom reckons she met my Dad exactly 50 years ago tonight. In a nightclub in Brum. That's pretty cool! 

Snobs? 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Snobs? 

Haha, not sure if Snobs was open in '72?

It was a club called Rebecca's. Dad seemed to think it was over 3 floors. A quick look online seems to suggest its the building where Brewdog is now. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â