Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Gave up my car and on public transport now.

So far after a week or so I like the following:-

Reading books every day on my mobile. (Dexter at the moment). God I missed books and they are all free now, even better.

I live 34 metres from the train station (Train then bus every day)

Selling my car for a nice price even after having it for 6 years (proper surprised)

Always something nice on the bus every day to brighten up the day (Women / Stops at a college :-) )

Always get a seat no matter what.

Feel kinds stress free now, even though I leave my house at 7:05 am the thought of not buying petrol and been robbed by the government makes me happy.(I was going to kill soon on the roads so best to leave it eh ?)

I found out I get a nice tax break if I can prove I travel by public transport for a year.

It takes only 15 minutes longer than in the car on average but the car travel time increases every year. Current speed is 1hr (For 17KM's FFS). In theory I can ride a bike quicker.

I can rent my garage out and get a nice tax free income as small as it is.

My boss is away next week from Wednesday onwards and the other guy I work with is off for the week which means I will be my own boss for a few days. Late starts and early finishes, a very relaxed attitude to work and generally a better atmosphere to work in.

Just popped my Fire Warden evacuation cherry. Brilliant, seeing as they haven't actually trained me yet. :|

However... apparently it was the fastest one yet, and as I wasn't the only noob-warden I wound up hanging out with some cute brunette from one of the upper floors who proceeded to spend the duration of the drill flirting with me.

tumblr_ldyjxcIND11qfdxg4o1_400.jpg

A couple of nights ago I dreampt that I was sat in a room with Alex McLeish and Randy Lerner came storming in and with a bold Texas accent (no idea why) he started shouting at McLeish "What the hell have you done to my club, douchebag!?"

I don't remember anything else but that alone was brilliant!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â