Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You guys still have cheese graters? I just buy it ready grated in a bag.

:trollface:

I do this as well.

I'm ashamed every time I do it. But I still do it.

It's made me realise that grated cheese on a sandwich is better isn't it?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve blown my own mind today and feel compelled to share.

Ok, so you all know the situation it’s cheese sandwich or cheese on toast time. You have your options, slice it or grate it.

Grate it, no problem, use the grater. 

Slice it, for me was always get the knife out and get a bunch of randomly sized pieces of cheese which was frustrating and ruins the main block.

Little did I realise until about an hour ago was that the cheese grater has slots on the side to make 3 perfectly uniform slices of cheese for every slide of the block 🤯

774311bc-252f-4bbb-85a0-2b49b4974fb4.70c

A cheese plane is going to shatter your mind. 

image.png.8825f006280c5a5c420af00ea5950f84.png

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ok, so you all know the situation it’s cheese sandwich or cheese on toast time. You have your options, slice it or grate it.

Slice it, for me was always get the knife out and get a bunch of randomly sized pieces of cheese which was frustrating and ruins the main block.

Little did I realise until about an hour ago was that the cheese grater has slots on the side to make 3 perfectly uniform slices of cheese for every slide of the block 🤯

What are the little knuckle shredders on the other side for? I have no idea.

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That’s nothing, I’ve discovered a level at the top of my toilet, press the lever and all the shit is washed away.

This is going to save me a fortune. I’ve been buying new toilets every time they filled up, and I’m a big lad.

I thought this was ok, but then you added "and I'm a big lad" and that changed EVERYTHING

:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The two sides of the grater you've shown there are the two sides of the grater I have literally never in my life used.

The left is the side that I'm afraid will remove my fingers if I use it. 
The right side is the side that just gets stuck to the sponge/scourer when you try to use it

Reminded me of this, which is always gold:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Next time you need to slice cheese, use that left side. Thank me later.

You’re very welcome. In googling for an image it seems I am not alone on this, many people shocked that such a useful feature has been staring them in the face for many years without realising.

Edit: apparently it’s useful for slicing cucumber or onions too. 

For older posters 

Probably the greatest ever piece of equipment to be offered on late night TV

Edited by Follyfoot

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I watched that all the way through and gasped at the mashed potato. I want one. 

Just ordered one off the Bay for £19.95🤣 Birthday present for the Mrs 

Edited by Follyfoot

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I watched that all the way through and gasped at the mashed potato. I want one. 

the egg one is even more spellbinding IMO 

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

the egg one is even more spellbinding IMO 

Needs more demonstrations when you get yours. You can make a Youtube channel with videos like "will it blend"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

That’s nothing, I’ve discovered a level at the top of my toilet, press the lever and all the shit is washed away.

This is going to save me a fortune. I’ve been buying new toilets every time they filled up, and I’m a big lad.

I’m not sure about that. The waste water will be more expensive than the new toilets before long.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I’m not sure about that. The waste water will be more expensive than the new toilets before long.

That’s the beauty of living in Wales, we get first use of all the water before export.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah, it’s not like it’s obvious that it could slice cheese, it’s just never even contemplating using it or thinking what it was even for. It’s just like a blank side. Box graters are useful but it could have just the main holes on one side and I’d wager 90% of people wouldn’t even notice the difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I do this as well.

I'm ashamed every time I do it. But I still do it.

It's made me realise that grated cheese on a sandwich is better isn't it?

I feel shame when I buy hard boiled eggs from the supermarket. 

• Shocked 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â