Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where will battle commence? 

Don't worry i won't be stalking you, not in town this week. Absolutely sinking with work so at home doing long days :(

I think we're meeting in whatever Utopia is called these days and then moving on to Flight Club and then play it by ear. I've made it perfectly clear that if they carry out their threat to go to Be At One they had better make it the last venue as I will be going home at that point.

Apparently the look of disgust on my face last time whilst the whole dreadful place was doing The Locomotion was a thing to behold. 

It's a Maundy Thursday tradition we've been doing for probably 25 years or so.  The numbers have dwindled down the years so we're probably on the hard core 6 or 7 now. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Just logged off and not back in work until Tuesday. 

Reveal hidden contents

Shame I've got to look after the little one all day tomorrow and then on Friday the In Law's arrive for the weekend. 

I finish tomorrow night then off til 25th.

Doing an Easter cruise of the Low  countries, all inclusive and chauffeured there and back (Portsmouth). 

👍

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I finish tomorrow night then off til 25th.

Doing an Easter cruise of the Low  countries, all inclusive and chauffeured there and back (Portsmouth). 

👍

I'm really looking forward to driving you Rob. I've been sorting out the playlist. Lots of Bon Jovi and Nickelback.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I'm really looking forward to driving you Rob. I've been sorting out the playlist. Lots of Bon Jovi and Nickelback.

You only driving him half way there? 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

I used to work for a company whose hold music was Tubular Bells. It was like they wanted to put people off calling, lost count of the number of people I spoke to that said 'why is your hold music the Exorcist song?'

Our on hold music is an absolute rarity, people phone us up to ask who it is and where they can buy it. It's one of the IT lads and his band Seas of Neptune. People at their gigs actually ask them who did the original because they know it but just can't place it :D

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You only driving him half way there? 

Was thinking that as far as the end of his drive would be an achievement.

• Sad 1

There's a very good episode of This American Life about hold music. A guy liked this hold music so much he embarked on a quest to find out what the hell it was, when literally nobody seemed to have a clue what the music was. It ended up far more interesting than it had any right to.

Iirc of was a really good bit of chill music in fairness.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think we're meeting in whatever Utopia is called these days and then moving on to Flight Club and then play it by ear. I've made it perfectly clear that if they carry out their threat to go to Be At One they had better make it the last venue as I will be going home at that point.

Don't talk about Flight Club..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Don't talk about Flight Club..

Eh? Sorry, last time I went there I was late so I missed hearing the rules. 

Anyway Flight Club is ace, I highly recommend Flight Club to all of you. If you want any details of Flight Club just PM me and I'll let you know where it's located, best times to attend Flight Club etc.  Spread the word. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I'd be happy with that if there was guaranteed to be no Ed **** Sheeran or Nobhead Bieber

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'd be happy with that if there was guaranteed to be no Ed **** Sheeran or Nobhead Bieber

ESPECIALLY now he seems to have become an honorary bluenose :puke:

Just one more reason to despise him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I use a Scrabble dictionary to generate passwords. I pick 3 short words at random. 

Today's random result - BackStreetBoys

I think you should Quit playing games.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â