Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

It’s an amazing photo but I’m almost certain I’ve seen it before. Not taking away from it, just questioning whether it was Nat Geo photo of the year 

33 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I half expected the zebras to be dark horses.😉

Far from it. They were pre-tournament favourites.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s an amazing photo but I’m almost certain I’ve seen it before. Not taking away from it, just questioning whether it was Nat Geo photo of the year 

I've seen this similar one before.

camels.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

On my phone I am always max image size exceeded, my laptop isn't a problem 

1) Long press the image 2) select copy 3)  paste into the url box (pastes the url of the image) 4) now copy that url 5) paste it into the post. 
Result = image appears and it doesn’t matter how big it is as it’s not being hosted by VT.

Those Macbooks would be worth a fair bit - mine is about 7 years old now (pre butterfly keyboard) and still works perfectly. Who on earth is throwing out 5 year old Macbooks?

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Tidying the garden, then sitting in the sun with beer.

And no Villa defeat to spoil it :)

spacer.png

Typical vile fan, out in the shires. KRO 

mate

Looks lovely though - bet you are so glad you moved.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

I refurb old laptops for a local charity. For a nominal fee they then get them into the hands of people who otherwise couldn't afford them (Digitally excluded) so they can do school work etc.

Anyway, a lot of what we get given is too old to do anything with.

Got a delivery on Monday of four macbooks of varying descriptions, but all less than 5 years old. And a Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1. I said, half jokingly, "Ooh, can I have that?" They said yes! So, it is now my 'work' laptop. This means that I don't have to turn on my big pc to do stuff for them. Whilst my big pc is nice, it's hooked up to a projector, so just doing work for the charity was a) costing me a fortune in leccy and b) meant that I have to sit in the dark so I can actually see the screen.

So now I have a lovely new laptop to work on and I can do it in daylight.

Also one of the macbooks has one of those awful faulty butterfly keyboards. Apple will fix it free of charge, which is another win. Downside is I have to take it in to the Apple store in Westfield. Coming out of that place my soul needs a shower.

I used to have an X1 Carbon, really excellent laptops.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Typical vile fan, out in the shires. KRO 

mate

Looks lovely though - bet you are so glad you moved.

Indeed we are! 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â