Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 07/01/2022 at 21:51, Xela said:

Found an old SD card in my bedside drawer. 

Slotted it into my Macbook and its all my camera photos from 2009-2010... holidays mainly. Mainly SE Asia, but also Germany and Egypt. 

Just been doing some reminiscing. Forgotten some of the places I'd seen! :)

I so much miss actually photographs.  One thing technology has not improved. I have about 1000 pictures on my phone, but you just don't get the joy of looking through an old photo album, or the excitement of collecting your photos from the old photo processing shops, although the best ones never turned out did they. Also people take pictures of such random stuff these days because they can. When we had actual cameras we would only take mostly pictures we would want to keep, as they cost to process too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I so much miss actually photographs.  One thing technology has not improved. I have about 1000 pictures on my phone, but you just don't get the joy of looking through an old photo album, or the excitement of collecting your photos from the old photo processing shops, although the best ones never turned out did they. Also people take pictures of such random stuff these days because they can. When we had actual cameras we would only take mostly pictures we would want to keep, as they cost to process too.

My lads loves photo albums, especially of his dog. We use photobox, really good, they have an app too so it could not be any simpler to use, recommended.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

And although the 'good' ones would go in the album, you'd still keep all the rejects in an old shoe box in the loft, and have fun looking through them decades later. No? Just me then? 

• Like 1

You can do a lot with your photos with "Gimp" a free photo editing software.You can turn an overcast day into a sunny day,take away unwanted stuff,eg people,blemishes,etc and have quite a lot of fun.Try it.

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

You can do a lot with your photos with "Gimp" a free photo editing software.You can turn an overcast day into a sunny day,take away unwanted stuff,eg people,blemishes,etc and have quite a lot of fun.Try it.

Which is all very good for marketing shots or something, but holiday photos? It's not what happened, so what's the point

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We've got a digital photo frame. I would recommend one, you can go through and select those genuine photos and view them regularly. As you say I've got thousands of photos on my PC and 99% will probably never be seen again. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Which is all very good for marketing shots or something, but holiday photos? It's not what happened, so what's the point

Well,as one example I took pictures of the Rangers monument at Pont du Hoc in France and I used Gimp to take away all the people around it,so I just got the monument

On 07/01/2022 at 12:04, chrisp65 said:

For any sort of shopping.

I needed to buy a pair of shoes last weekend, after two shops we had a conversation where I basically had to say let’s do our own thing for 30 minutes. There is only so much opinion on cheap plain black work shoes that I can accept in a positive manner.

Once on my own, it turned out I didn’t need to spend £120 in Clark’s after all, £28 in Matalan was good enough for shoes to get me from a house to a car to a desk.

spacer.png

Do they do mens versions? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,as one example I took pictures of the Rangers monument at Pont du Hoc in France and I used Gimp to take away all the people around it,so I just got the monument

Half the joy is waiting for the (other) **** tourists to move so you get a clean shot. Must’ve sat for about an hour in front of the main temple at Chichen Itza to take this photo, and yes some word removed is still just about in the bottom left.

279-FBBC2-DBBA-425-C-BE67-0-C24-B003-A91

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Another day , another new chocolate flavour 

6B0CDD93-F5CF-444A-8F1C-7A25708C6FFD.jpeg

Ate it this morning, got better as I got further in to it but at the start I didn't think it was up to much, the cinnamon crunch was the wrong choice as it didn't flavour the chocolate enough imo, wasn't as good as the gingerbread Xmas chocolate 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Ate it this morning, got better as I got further in to it but at the start I didn't think it was up to much, the cinnamon crunch was the wrong choice as it didn't flavour the chocolate enough imo, wasn't as good as the gingerbread Xmas chocolate 

I was disappointed by the gingerbread one , prefer the hot cross bun but agree it does need a bit more flavour 

A few years back I had a job at a factory, a quality control job ensuring that small electrical items were fit for purpose. Microwaves went ding, kettles cut off when boiled, that sort of thing. One part of my job was particularly dull and that was ensuring that these really posh toasters, toasted 4 slices, evenly. Simple really, but over time I came to resent my job and by extension, the posh toaster. I had been watching a lot of Jeremy Corbyn videos online so my resentment towards anything remotely bourgeois manifested itself in willful destruction. Sadly for the toaster that meant me vandalising 1 half of the 4 slice toaster. I laugh about it now of course as them toasters were shipped off to a third world country without electric so my shenanigans were in vain. Great times. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A few years back I had a job at a factory, a quality control job ensuring that small electrical items were fit for purpose. Microwaves went ding, kettles cut off when boiled, that sort of thing. One part of my job was particularly dull and that was ensuring that these really posh toasters, toasted 4 slices, evenly. Simple really, but over time I came to resent my job and by extension, the posh toaster. I had been watching a lot of Jeremy Corbyn videos online so my resentment towards anything remotely bourgeois manifested itself in willful destruction. Sadly for the toaster that meant me vandalising 1 half of the 4 slice toaster. I laugh about it now of course as them toasters were shipped off to a third world country without electric so my shenanigans were in vain. Great times. 

The one I bought is one of those ones where the individual maker is credited on the underside.

I’ll check this evening, see if mine says Shakin’ Stevens.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Another day , another new chocolate flavour 

6B0CDD93-F5CF-444A-8F1C-7A25708C6FFD.jpeg

Someone bought me a bar of that for Xmas. It's still in my intray on my office desk

And if that was out before Xmas and on sale in a shop like B&M, my assumption was that it was last years stock

You can have this bar if you want it. Cadbury chocolate is shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

. Sadly for the toaster that meant me vandalising 1 half of the 4 slice toaster. I laugh about it now of course as them toasters were shipped off to a third world country without electric so my shenanigans were in vain. Great times. 

Did they go to a 3rd world country because they only toasted 3 slices of toast ?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â