Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

54 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Today is my birthday(Turned the big 35) and am quite cheered up by the amount of calls and texts I have received wishing me best wishes. Also, I finally was able to finish painting my house as well lol so that's an added bonus.

Happy Birthday.  Unfortunately 35 is so far in the rear view mirror it looks like quite a small birthday now :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chocolate cherry liqueurs. 

I blimmin love them. You can only really get them at Christmas, unless you want to pay 10 times the normal cost anyway. 

I actually had an outlook reminder flash up a couple of weeks ago to start looking for them. 

Got several boxes in now, awesome. 

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

When your working Friday was looking a bit shit and then the meetings start getting cancelled one by one. Glorious. 

Usually have a lot of meetings on a Friday. The PM is off today and I have zero. Other than having to smoke test a deployment tonight between 6 and 7. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

After several centuries of seeing my mortgage payment be mostly interest repayment and the actual debt reduce by £1.28 we’ve finally got to the point where almost all the payment comes off the mortgage and I can see it tumbling month on month.

Three years to go.

6 months left on mine.

Quite the game changer financially. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

After several centuries of seeing my mortgage payment be mostly interest repayment and the actual debt reduce by £1.28 we’ve finally got to the point where almost all the payment comes off the mortgage and I can see it tumbling month on month.

Three years to go.

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

6 months left on mine.

Quite the game changer financially. 

It is. Felt great when ours was paid off (I think the post is somewhere back in this thread). 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Three years to go.

I remember when I bought my first house. It was a shared ownership for which there were not many lenders. Interest rate was something stupid, over 25 years. I remember getting the first annual statement and the balance was pretty much the same as it was at the start, I rang them up and they confirmed all was correct. I was shocked.

I’m currently in a 5 year fix at 1.39%, the balance is coming down about £10,000 a year, and the value has been going up by more than £10,000 a year since we moved in. A long way to go but it’s nice to see the balance fall and the equity rise.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Â