Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

John Cena has, without comment, posted a photo of a man on his instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSYaSrPtG8Y/

That man is my former PT, based in Nottingham, who's been calling himself the black John Cena for years :D 

Not sure why but the size of cena in SS took me by surprise, don't watch wrestling but I know who he is, seeing him in his tighty whities he is **** huge, also seen the rock doing posts about building up for body shots and how he spends months preparing for shirt off scenes so I'm guessing cena did the same 

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

I spend a lot of time on Rightmove/Zoopla looking at properties that would suit me, when I decide to move on from here. I use quite a big search area (100 miles or so from here). 

If I see a property I like, in a village, i'll have a mooch around the roads and lanes on Streetview and if i still like, I'll pay it a visit one day and stay in the local pub/B&B if possible. 

This cheers me up :)  Due to lockdown, got a few places I want to see now! These are villages you would never see otherwise. 

Google maps and Streetview have absolutely revolutionised house hunting. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

I spend a lot of time on Rightmove/Zoopla looking at properties that would suit me, when I decide to move on from here. I use quite a big search area (100 miles or so from here). 

If I see a property I like, in a village, i'll have a mooch around the roads and lanes on Streetview and if i still like, I'll pay it a visit one day and stay in the local pub/B&B if possible. 

This cheers me up :)  Due to lockdown, got a few places I want to see now! These are villages you would never see otherwise. 

What the hell has gone on with your profile pic? 

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Google maps and Streetview have absolutely revolutionised house hunting. 

And holiday home hunting.  I always try to find it on streetview and have a scout around. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

How very dare you. 

I thought do I need to add that. Was he even gay? I think it plays a lot into his charm and his persona. It didn't really influence his characters too much in the Carry on films, they were usually asexual or the object of unwanted female desire. But Round the Horne and particularly Julian and Sandy is where his rumoured sexuality became relevant. I read that he led a fairly celibate life. 

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Who the **** is this guy? I see him everywhere on here and have been too afraid to ask

Are you quite young? I always thought carry on films were quite big in America too but they were made in the 60's and 70's. 

Quite a few were based in hospitals.  Carry on Matron, Carry on Doctor, Carry on Nurse with Hattie Jacques usually playing a Matron opposite KW who would say "Oh Matron" after something saucy sounding had occurred. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I thought do I need to add that. Was he even gay? I think it plays a lot into his charm and his persona. It didn't really influence his characters too much in the Carry on films, they were usually asexual or the object of unwanted female desire. But Round the Horne and particularly Julian and Sandy is where his rumoured sexuality became relevant. I read that he led a fairly celibate life. 

Wiki's claims:

'Williams said that he was celibate and his diaries appear to substantiate his claims—at least from his early forties onwards. He lived alone all his adult life and had few close companions apart from his mother, and no significant romantic relationships. His diaries contain references to unconsummated or barely consummated homosexual dalliances, which he describes as "traditional matters" or "tradiola". He befriended gay playwright Joe Orton, who wrote the role of Inspector Truscott in Loot (1966) for him, and had holidays with Orton and his lover, Kenneth Halliwell, in Morocco.'

from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams#Personal_life_and_death

Now on the one hand here we have 'unconsummated or barely consummated homosexual dalliance', and then on the other we have 'holidays with Joe Orton and Kenneth Halliwell in Morocco'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

That's OK. It meant happy back then.

Who, dear? Kenneth, dear? Gay, dear? No, dear!

The 70s were a strange time.  TV was full of "camp" gay characters like John Inman and Kenneth Williams.   But the papers would regularly "out" someone as being gay and portray it as shameful.   But Morecombe and Wise could share a bed together on TV and no-one gave it a second thought.   If someone was outed by the press it could mean they would never work again.    Williams' biography is undoubtedly written with his own viewpoint and in a manner that protected his career.   

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
speeling mishsteaks
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Are you quite young? I always thought carry on films were quite big in America too but they were made in the 60's and 70's. 

Quite a few were based in hospitals.  Carry on Matron, Carry on Doctor, Carry on Nurse with Hattie Jacques usually playing a Matron opposite KW who would say "Oh Matron" after something saucy sounding had occurred. 

I’m not that young, I’m 27

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â