Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Size of a cow by the Wonderstuff. 

It’s occurred to me how mischievous it would be for a wedding DJ to encourage women on to the dance floor with Beyoncé, proclaim “this one’s for you girls!” and then mix from Single Ladies to Size Of A Cow. 🤭

• Haha 2

was best man to a mate of mine a few years back. was absolutely shitting it at the thought of a speech so naturally i did the sensible thing and got wasted...we're talking 6 pints and 2 bottles of red pre-speech wasted. i remember nothing from the point where i stood up but apparently, i actually somewhat coherently delivered said speech. the rest of the night is a blur, though i do remember attempting to partake in the barn dance that followed. apparently i was politely asked to remove myself from the dance floor.

fortunately another mate (not the groom) spending the evening propositioning one of the bridesmaids with his wife sat the other side of him stole my thunder. they're still together believe it or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I got married in St Antoine church in Istanbul. They guaranteed the church for 500 lira which is a bargain for one of the top tourist attractions in the city. What they couldn't guarantee was stopping tourists as the ceremony was finishing. So at the end, I'm stood in a line for 20 minutes as her family members pin money and gold on my lapels. Another 20 minutes pass and I'm still having my hand shaken. Her family and guests totalled nearly a hundred...so I think I'm still going through them. Then another 20 minutes passes as Japanese tourists came to shake my hand with cameras around their necks. There's camera rolls in Japanese villages with a picture of large bloke wishing people would **** off.

Haha, same happened to us when we were posing for wedding pics outside Oxford Town Hall.  Loads of East Asian tourists snapping us and coming over to us.  Wonder how many camera rolls we're on.

• Like 1

My missus paid the evening DJ half is fee with the explicit condition he would only get the other half at the end of the evening on two conditions:

He didn’t play any novelty shit like the birdie song.

He didn’t play any requests from me or my mates.

Warning signs. Warning signs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

My missus paid the evening DJ half is fee with the explicit condition he would only get the other half at the end of the evening on two conditions:

He didn’t play any novelty shit like the birdie song.

He didn’t play any requests from me or my mates.

Warning signs. Warning signs.

And you married that fun sponge. Nothing like a bit of the Bloodhound Gang's 'Bad Touch' to liven up a dance floor.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

And you married that fun sponge. Nothing like a bit of the Bloodhound Gang's 'Bad Touch' to liven up a dance floor.

To be fair, it was at a time when we all felt honour bound to either

play Soft Cell’s Tainted Love on repeat until someone went postal

or, play Eton Rifles, in which case as soon as we recognised what it was, we all threw chairs

it was a shrewd move on her part, we would have spoiled it for the nan’s and the kiddies

we still have a sum total of about 3 records in common in our collections

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, you're right to call me up on that, in retrospect I'm 99% sure he said 'when [Groom's Name] plants his seed in [Bride's Name]'.

He also made reference, in his long and rambling sermon, to 'when I'm sneaking around the resort, doing what I'm not supposed to be doing' and just written down that doesn't look so bad, but you'll just have to trust me when I say he delivered it in a way that made it sound very much like he was peeking at the housemaids in the showers or something. I guess I'd seen Spotlight not very long before this, so perhaps I wasn't at my most charitable, but everybody else picked up on this as well, it was all anyone talked about for the next 24 hours.

Eesh

6 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think on balance, I’d have preferred him to say “inseminate” than “plant his seed”. 

At least he didnt say "Do her up the wrong 'un"!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Haha, same happened to us when we were posing for wedding pics outside Oxford Town Hall.  Loads of East Asian tourists snapping us and coming over to us.  Wonder how many camera rolls we're on.

Used to happen to me getting the milk off the step. F***ing B**tles fans

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Best wedding disaster I've witnessed was at my sister-in-law's wedding. They got married in Cancun, which was great, we had a week in a 5-star all-inclusive resort and I never paid a penny, so no complaints.

Anyway, my brother-in-law is Irish, and he's catholic, but his family more so, and it meant a lot to them to have a proper catholic wedding with a real priest. Luckily, it turned out the resort had its own real catholic priest, who was an American who, to my mind, seemed to be on the run from something. He gave a long, rambling sermon filled with bizarre metaphors and imagery, and then rounded it all off by inviting the assembled audience of family members to consider what a golden moment it would be when the groom inseminated the bride 😬

Was at a wedding in the West of Ireland, years ago. Bride was a friend from work, they used the local, rather elderly priest, who fell asleep a few times during (the very long) service & made 2 references to "Sinead O'Connor's bastard child"! God only knows, we all looked at each other, shocked & then started to get the giggles... I'm also @ the beginning of the wedding video, outside the church having a smoke, calling one of my co-workers a rocket polisher 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peckham Wanderer said:

Was at a wedding in the West of Ireland, years ago. Bride was a friend from work, they used the local, rather elderly priest, who fell asleep a few times during (the very long) service & made 2 references to "Sinead O'Connor's bastard child"! God only knows, we all looked at each other, shocked & then started to get the giggles... I'm also @ the beginning of the wedding video, outside the church having a smoke, calling one of my co-workers a rocket polisher 🤣

When I did one of my earlier teacher training qualifications, I was assessed by a guy who kept falling asleep during the classes. Then he'd comment about your teaching after you'd finished, as if he hadn't been fast asleep, visible to everyone.

It was funny, but also really **** annoying to be honest.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tegis said:

All these stories make me glad I don't remember 80% of my wedding. It was probably fine

Yep. My (second) wedding was meant to be on a cruise ship - but it caught fire just before we were due to fly out, so we rearranged for a few months later. 

Still had the bash in the UK though, even though we now weren't married. As I was living away from Brum, my mates all came up and stayed at the hotel. My (soon to be) wife was running around putting things in place whilst I got hammered. I'm told I made a speech that evening, which was news to me.

Most memorable part of the weekend? Cahill volley against the Scum the next day. 

20 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Most memorable part of the weekend? Cahill volley against the Scum the next day. 

I still remember where I was when I saw that goal. A pub I was never in before or since, in the middle of (a shithole called...) Rochfortbridge. I still get annoyed that we sold him because Zat Knight came in for decent money and Cahill was deemed surplus. Jesus H.

• Like 4

Collected a parcel from my next door neighbour just now. She (late 30s, blonde buxom milf and very pretty) opens the door in trackie bottoms and vest top, apologises for her outfit as she's decorating. She then bends forward to pick up my parcel and its all i can do not to reach out and catch them before they fall out ! She took her time picking it up too....

I think i said thanks for taking in my package but it probably sounded more like "flibble wibble dribble !" or some other gibberish 😜

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Collected a parcel from my next door neighbour just now. She (late 30s, blonde buxom milf and very pretty) opens the door in trackie bottoms and vest top, apologises for her outfit as she's decorating. She then bends forward to pick up my parcel and its all i can do not to reach out and catch them before they fall out ! She took her time picking it up too....

I think i said thanks for taking in my package but it probably sounded more like "flibble wibble dribble !" or some other gibberish 😜

I'd pop round again later on some pretext if I were you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

- Oh miss, you dropped something

-Thank you

- No, thank YOU

sUZ9ppB.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â