Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

My coffee shop/wine store venture didn't bear fruit so I'm rolling the dice on a bar venture. a "cider bar". Beer in Maine is at a saturation point but cider is still growing. So I'm focusing on ciders, but I'll also have beer and wine available. I'll be doing "rustic small plates" like cheese, cured meats, house made pickles, hot sandwiches, marinated olives, warm baguette, etc.

I'll also be having cider cocktails, as well as fresh cider and hot spiced cider in the winter. 

So crank up the Wurzells, Maqroll is finally opening his own bar!

I'm considering hanging some Villa stuff and calling my place the Maine AVFC supporters bar.  Just gotta find the other guy in Maine who loves Villa

Fair play to you sir and I hope it works well for you mate. Good luck.  :thumb:

• Like 1

On 24/06/2019 at 19:43, useless said:

The sound of wind blowing through trees. I've always loved that sound.

I remember parking up at waitrose in mere green, getting out of the car and i was transfixed by the wind gently blowing through the tall trees. It was a nice warm late summer's day and i must've been staring up at the trees for about 5 minutes solid, getting lost in the wonderful moment of nature.

• Like 1

Growing up I used to live right next to a woods, and the sound of the wind in the trees used to lull me to sleep at night, but sometimes I'd also find the sound quite eerie.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Growing up I used to live right next to a woods, and the sound used to lull me to sleep at night, but sometimes I'd also find the sound quite eerie.

You can get anti-insomnia apps that play sounds like wind in trees, gurgling streams, rain on the roof, etc. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

30 minute beach stroll after work to get it all out of the system

D-JQFzpXsAAZyhk.jpg

Lucky b*****.

Hopefully I will be doing the same next in Norfolk. Few days of work down there. Weather like this with a beer on the beach.. Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You can get anti-insomnia apps that play sounds like wind in trees, gurgling streams, rain on the roof, etc. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I have a few recordings of that type of thing, sometimes put them on when I'm reading, to block out background noises.

Absolutely.

I have a nice Waves crashing/Tide coming in CD I put on alot of the time... gives that false sense of feeling the coast is outside your window. It sounds bliss and it works.

Living next to a busy(ish) train station the noises I hear at night are not quite as relaxing as the sea crashing against some rocks or wind through the trees.

Still. you get used to the screams, shouts and glass smashing. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Living next to a busy(ish) train station the noises I hear at night are not quite as relaxing as the sea crashing against some rocks or wind through the trees.

Still. you get used to the screams, shouts and glass smashing. 

I have always pondered what it could be like living next to a railway line, not so much a station.

Where I'm based now you can hear some trains in the distance "bbrrrrrrrb bbbbpppp" in the mornings before 8am hits and every **** is off to work or school runs and the noise pollution starts...

But actually living yards away from a passing track, what would it be like?

Would your dining or kitchen window sound like it's about to cave in when an express comes flying past for instance?

I had one behind my house for 3 years, it's ok, you get used to it after about a month, the ones in the day you don't even notice, every now and then in the night you get big bastard freight train that might wake you up

Its the engineering works that were shit, they make a proper racket and it's slow so it seems like it's right outside your house for hours, really pissed me off

• Like 1

Living directly under the final approach to Heathrow for the last seven years, it’s amazing what you get used to. Sometimes I have to put the subtitles on the telly but it rarely disturbs me. You just tune it out after a while. 

I used to love above a quadrant where the local crazy woman would sit and sing opera at ten o’clock at night. She was really good but always seemed to appear when I was “entertaining”. Better than putting on Barry White, I guess. 

Talking of landmarks they are knocking Rugeley power station down. They knocked half of it down years ago and built 700 houses on the land. The other half has basically closed down, and demolition of the site has already started. 1500 thousand homes and a retail park are going to be built there. The point is, i’ll miss seeing the power station because I’ve never known Rugeley without those big towering concrete towers. You can see Rugeley from miles away. You can see them from the edge of Birmingham. Without them there won’t be anything in the skyline. I’m hoping they keep one of them up and use it as a bit of a feature, but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Talking of landmarks they are knocking Rugeley power station down. They knocked half of it down years ago and built 700 houses on the land. The other half has basically closed down, and demolition of the site has already started. 1500 thousand homes and a retail park are going to be built there. The point is, i’ll miss seeing the power station because I’ve never known Rugeley without those big towering concrete towers. You can see Rugeley from miles away. You can see them from the edge of Birmingham. Without them there won’t be anything in the skyline. I’m hoping they keep one of them up and use it as a bit of a feature, but I doubt it. 

nah man, rip em' down and get rid.

Let's build houses! :D  

Infrastructure for the win! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â