Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Who needs the soft voice of your other half at night when you can have Gervais screeching down your ear! 

It's a tricky balance to get it playing loud enough to hear Karls voice, but quiet enough so that Ricky's laugh doesn't wake up the whole town

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a tricky balance to get it playing loud enough to hear Karls voice, but quiet enough so that Ricky's laugh doesn't wake up the whole town

I always thought they would have done a 10 / 15 year anniversary podcast or 10.

My disappointment is real,  no programme has made me laugh as much as those 3.  It's a bit like drugs,  one ca never get the amusement back when I first heard the "Horse in the living room" story for example.

36 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I always thought they would have done a 10 / 15 year anniversary podcast or 10.

My disappointment is real,  no programme has made me laugh as much as those 3.  It's a bit like drugs,  one ca never get the amusement back when I first heard the "Horse in the living room" story for example.

There are certain moments that will live with me forever.

I think "ManMoth" was the funniest moment of all when I first heard it.

Another one that stands out isn't even Karl. It's Steve's story about going to Brazil and nearly drowning while trying to take a piss in the sea, and his mates just waving back when he's trying to wave for help.

I was genuinely in tears of laughter when I first heard that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There are certain moments that will live with me forever.

I think "ManMoth" was the funniest moment of all when I first heard it.

Another one that stands out isn't even Karl. It's Steve's story about going to Brazil and nearly drowning while trying to take a piss in the sea, and his mates just waving back when he's trying to wave for help.

I was genuinely in tears of laughter when I first heard that.

There is an interview where the three of them were being interviewed,  the last question was "Karl,  what is your per hate"

After some thought,  "When the cat has shit somewhere in the house and you just can't find it"

But,  "ManMoth" or the "Half-Man-Half-Biscuit" email are the best.  Karl perked up a bit that day but was ultimately disappointed. 

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

There is an interview where the three of them were being interviewed,  the last question was "Karl,  what is your per hate"

After some thought,  "When the cat has shit somewhere in the house and you just can't find it"

YES! I honestly nearly typed that one.

Ricky is like "**** me. I've known him for 10 years and even I'm surprised by that!" 

• Like 1

These names won't mean much to most of you, but social media means it's a great era for music fans of a certain age. In the space of a week I've had a FB friend request from Nick Garrie (most obscure name here, but Xann might recognise), a like from Simon Nicol, a PM from Gretchen Peters, a promise of a pint from Tom Russell, and my picture in a Big Big Train live album. 

• Like 4

Just did all my Christmas shopping at two stores, about a 15 minute walk from my place. Now I can boil up some pasta, crack open a cold brew, goof around on VT, watch some more Mr. Robot, drink the little nip of Jameson I bought, and chillllllllwinston

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

These names won't mean much to most of you, but social media means it's a great era for music fans of a certain age. In the space of a week I've had a FB friend request from Nick Garrie (most obscure name here, but Xann might recognise), a like from Simon Nicol, a PM from Gretchen Peters, a promise of a pint from Tom Russell, and my picture in a Big Big Train live album. 

Name dropper

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 10:06, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

But,  "ManMoth" or the "Half-Man-Half-Biscuit" email are the best.  Karl perked up a bit that day but was ultimately disappointed. 

On 12/22/2016 at 10:08, Stevo985 said:

YES! I honestly nearly typed that one.

Ricky is like "**** me. I've known him for 10 years and even I'm surprised by that!" 

This interview came up on my recommended YouTube videos yesterday :D

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 10:04, StefanAVFC said:

Mr K Dilkington.

Brilliant

The one that got me was that White Van Karl bit where they were talking about square cans in Sainsburys.

"That'll be interesting for meatballs!" - Gervais could barely breathe!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â