Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 11/25/2016 at 11:58, il_serpente said:

There used to be (and may still be) a 4th size not listed on the menu (short).   So ordering a medium confuses them.  I refused to say "grande" for the longest time but eventually found the energy required to maintain this  noble act of defiance wasn't worth it.  Also, it started to feel as though I was being more pretentious in refusing to say it than they were in using that name in the first place.

How do you know when your drink is ready if you don't give your name?  Do you just figure when they announce, "medium coffee!" instead of "grande" it must be yours?  Or do they say, "Curmudgeon, your drink is ready!"?^_^

There is an extra large size as well. Called Trenta I think?

On 11/23/2016 at 22:44, mjmooney said:

My daughter and her (as of last week) fiancé just got back from Iceland. They thought it was fantastic (but expensive!) 

I can ratify the above statement. Eye bleedingly expensive due the exchange rate dropping from 200 ISK to 1 GBP to 130 ISK.

Most pints were circa 1350 ISK, with a JD and coke (single) at 1700 ISK. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Disgustingly busy weekend at work, but immensely rewarding with praise from people well above me and in positions where I want to be and I have tomorrow off because of it :D

You do realise it's a test, don't you? You're supposed to turn down the day off, and go in as usual. Preferably an hour early. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You do realise it's a test, don't you? You're supposed to turn down the day off, and go in as usual. Preferably an hour early. 

:D

I have cool senior management who are making me take the day off.

I was working Saturday, that's fine. From home too so it was chilled. Then I was on-call Sunday, which turned into a working day because it was so busy, then called at 3am to run a call. Followed by a 10 hour day today because everyone is on leave.

I'm really enjoying it though. Feel like I'm getting somewhere in my career :)

Sofia had it's first snowfall of the year and it was a beauty. I'd say a good 7 inches fell throughout the day. It cheered me up putting 14 of my kids in their snowsuits and seeing them dance and roll around in the fresh snow. 

• Like 1

Martin Shkreli Buys Fugazi, Jacks Ticket Price Up to $9

fugazims.jpeg

WASHINGTON — Wealthy national pariah Martin Shkreli purchased the legendary post-hardcore band Fugazi late last week, fostering outrage amongst long-time fans by immediately inflating ticket prices for any future shows to $9.

“This is criminal!” claimed protestor Sheila Phelps, stationed outside the headquarters of Dischord Records. “No one should have to choose between seeing Fugazi or buying a decent burrito!”

:crylaugh:

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â