Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, blandy said:

There's a non league team just down the road from where I live. They've come in to a spot of money, to say the least

Much more on the link. I cycled up to the new ground the other day, it's not far from being completed now and it's a million miles away from typical non league - it's like a mini Premiership ground. On the one had I'm curious and sort of interested, but on the other...it doesn't seem right, somehow.

Football-Stadium-2.jpg

Reminds me of Rushden & Diamonds. Tiny little clubs taken over by local wealthy businessmen and rebranded. Right down to the ridiculous 6,000 seater stadiums in non-league.

Hopefully Flyde has a happier ending and their owner doesn't get bored and **** off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tegis said:

Just became Uncle for the first time. Already plotting "noisy toys" revenge. This one to start with

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-10-08%2Bat%2B21.28.

I don't have kids, but I have a nephew who I love like a son. I'm a semi-surrogate father to him anyway. I love being an uncle. He's 13 now, and I remember it like it was yesterday when he was born. He was an emergency C-Section and several weeks premature. He was so small he could fit in the palm of my hand. 

Good stuff man, enjoy being an uncle!

33 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Depends how you eat them I suppose. I put the two halves back together and eat them like a bun of sorts.

I feel silly. That seems obvious now.

I thought you were talking about some sort of scone/donut hybrid, where you injected the filling or something!

Went to a nature reserve this afternoon, in the rain, by the side of the M6. Just for a walk really. Brilliant though. Watching 40 or so swallows whizzing round skimming the water for flies, for about 30 minutes was the best bit. But a Buzzard, Heron, Ducks, Swans, Geese, Lapwings, all kinds. Basically a completely different world just yards from a busy motorway. Then I bought some wildlife named beers from their shop to try later.

• Like 3

On 29/04/2016 at 13:11, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Slightly warmed scones filled with butter and raspberry jam.

Surely SURELY you mean covered in clotted cream and strawberry jam and ABSOLUTELY no raisins in the scone.  Jam first naturally

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â