Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

LOL, nah, I have the good stuff, keeps you totally functional and nobody knows it when I've been smoking, lol.

Dunno, it's not like you to lol so often in one post. I might have guessed if you hadn't already admitted to it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Dunno, it's not like you to lol so often in one post. I might have guessed if you hadn't already admitted to it.

Hahaha

You know we're gonna get into something good

• Like 3

For the last week ive listened to everyone at work talk about their 2% pay rise and bonus, and how it's been 2% across the board for everyone.

Then finally getting my letter today and finding out I've got 3% and trying to hide my inner smugness.

• Like 3

Directly linked to my post in TTPYOBS

This comment:

Then I suppose, if it's such a bad country, it's time for you to make a run for it. Run, Forest, run. To the greener fields of Ireland. Because it's not just the people's mentality, is it? Everything is wrong. The project you work on, the people you work on, the shit you need to put up with. And of course the people on the Islands are so much better, and the fact that my wife has to explain to the morons living there a few times a day why they need to pay their installments even thoug they don't get new stuff each time has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a different world, full of opportunities and open-minded people who will willingly share their wealth with others.

Go, Paddy, go while there is still time. And, on your way out, kindly shut the **** up about my country, will you. Or, at least, try putting things in a way that does not generalize. Car bomber

Absolutely destroyed.

What faux disappointment?

She knows I don't like people coming down and she invites them anyway, and they never leave. Sunday lunch and they still haven't left when I leave for work at 6pm. We've been married 8 years in June, I don't know how I haven't strangled her, I must be a saint.

• Like 1

I love Boston. People think we are touchy and rude and some sort of monolithic Irish Catholic amalgam of Boston Guy stereotypes, with the thick accent, the sports fanaticism, the whole cop/criminal/loyalty/heritage/neighborhood/snarky humor thing.

And all of that is real, but it's so much more...the Hollywood portrayal of Boston is pretty ridiculous, actually. 

I'd love to see films made in Boston that reflect the whole city. The black community in Boston dates back to colonial days. But you wouldn't know it from Hollywood films. There's a huge Cape Verdean community in Boston, as well as Vietnamese, Dominican, Central American. I'd love to see their lives on film instead of the same old Irish South Boston bullshit over and over.

And **** the Dropkick Murphy's

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â