Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Terminator 2

Twisted but this'll do

I've seen it about a 100 times but still sit through it every time it's on.
Agree it's one of those movies that you can watch a countless number of times without getting fed up of it.

Overhearing the fools in the flat upstairs that they have sunburn.  Me 5 mins later lying out on the terrace playing Baz Lurhmann's "Everybody's Free to Wear Suncreen" loud enough so that they could hear whilst their doors were open.

These irritating gits moan when my music is loud (it's never that loud) and drop their crap from their balcony above onto my terrace below.  It's the simple things that cheer me up to get back at them :)

Throw them an Arctic Pipeline  ;)

Maybe someone could get him one of those electronic ones where you play against a computer. It's not the same as having someone to play against but better than nothing.

• Like 2

Maybe someone could get him one of those electronic ones where you play against a computer. It's not the same as having someone to play against but better than nothing.

Actually a decent idea, although I reckon he likes the company as much as the game.
  • Like 2

My mom works at an Old People's Home.

They had a summer fete yesterday so I went along to give a bit of money and have a look round as I've never actually seen where she works.

Lovely day for it, and there were lots of stalls and that, tombola, name the teddy, the usual shit.

Then I noticed in the corner one of the residents, a tiny bloke, sat next to a chess board with a little sign that said "beat the chess master. £2 a go. Money back if you win"

Now I suck at chess, so I didn't go over even though there was nobody there, but I thought it was sweet for him to put the effort in.

About half an hour later when everything was winding down, I looked over again and there was still nobody there, so I thought **** it, and I went and played him.

I was shit, and he beat me in about 10 minutes, but we had a little chat and he seemed really chuffed to be playing.

When I paid him I dropped the £2 into his tub and it was empty. Turns out I was the only person who played him all day. He'd sat there for nearly 4 hours and I was the only person who had given him a game.

It broke my heart. But he said thanks for the game and that it meant a lot because he hardly ever gets to play anyone at the home (a lot of the residents wouldn't be able to have a conversation, let alone a game of chess)

So yeah, that cheered me up. Hopefully it cheered him up too. And I have my mom under strict instructions to learn how to play chess and give him a game every week!

That makes me want to learn to play chess properly just to be able to go and have a game with the old fella

Jesus, can you imagine his face if a bus load of VT'ers turned up next summer, pockets full of £2 coins!

**** it, let's do it. I'm in.

My mom works at an Old People's Home.

They had a summer fete yesterday so I went along to give a bit of money and have a look round as I've never actually seen where she works.

Lovely day for it, and there were lots of stalls and that, tombola, name the teddy, the usual shit.

Then I noticed in the corner one of the residents, a tiny bloke, sat next to a chess board with a little sign that said "beat the chess master. £2 a go. Money back if you win"

Now I suck at chess, so I didn't go over even though there was nobody there, but I thought it was sweet for him to put the effort in.

About half an hour later when everything was winding down, I looked over again and there was still nobody there, so I thought **** it, and I went and played him.

I was shit, and he beat me in about 10 minutes, but we had a little chat and he seemed really chuffed to be playing.

When I paid him I dropped the £2 into his tub and it was empty. Turns out I was the only person who played him all day. He'd sat there for nearly 4 hours and I was the only person who had given him a game.

It broke my heart. But he said thanks for the game and that it meant a lot because he hardly ever gets to play anyone at the home (a lot of the residents wouldn't be able to have a conversation, let alone a game of chess)

So yeah, that cheered me up. Hopefully it cheered him up too. And I have my mom under strict instructions to learn how to play chess and give him a game every week!

That makes me want to learn to play chess properly just to be able to go and have a game with the old fella

I can't play it properly, which is why the game was so short :D

I know the rules, but I don't really know any strategies on how to actually win a game.

That after working 100hours in the past 9 days in 2 hours my shift will be over and I'll have a couple of days off.

And I get to be the smuggest person on the roads knowing I'm going home and everyone else is about to start their work week.

mister-bean-middle-finger-o.gif

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â