Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

First crop of new potatoes from the garden.

Lightly sautéed in butter - from the garden to the plate in just under 20 minutes or so. Beautiful.

Stripped the last of the broad beans yesterday, blanched and frozen in the chest freezer out the garage.

Tonight, that now empty bed gets onions!

I might lift a plant tonight then, and see what my potatoes look like. My gut feeling is that it's too early for mine, they were stuck in very late.

On a general nature observation - a once thriving grass snake community appears to have disappeared. We used to have dozens upon dozens of them. Haven't seen a single solitary one in 12 months.

• Like 1

I might lift a plant tonight then, and see what my potatoes look like. My gut feeling is that it's too early for mine, they were stuck in very late.

I didn't lift them just had a root around in the soil and grabbed a few.

I'd guess they've got another couple of weeks to go before a proper harvest (they went in around easter week - in pots/planters).

ahh, I can't do the root around in the soil - I have what is technically known as ..... mud

We've put years into the soil in this allotment, it started off as 'impossibly bad', we've gradually worked and worked it up to it's current status of 'a bit crap'.

There are parts where less than a spade depth down there is a table of clay, which means 30% of our patch floods in a light drizzle. Luckily, the allotment is oversized so we've learnt where we can grow what, where to use raised beds and where to just chuck some pumpkins on the surface.

• Like 1

we gave up our allotment, it was infested with mares tail and year after year we tried to get rid of it, in the end mares tail won and now we just have our garden, broadbeans, runners, potatoes, sweetcorn and in the greenhouse, tomatoes, cucumbers and chillis.

We have a gardening thread for you titschmarsh dimmock fearnley-wittingstall good life hippy types! Go on, get!

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

when you start up a 'grubby little addiction for pensioners and deadbeats' thread for your scratchcard based posts, I'll stick my parsnip n sprouts junk in the correct recepticle

• Like 4

when you start up a 'grubby little addiction for pensioners and deadbeats' thread for your scratchcard based posts, I'll stick my parsnip n sprouts junk in the correct recepticle

A sentence never written before in the history of the world.

• Like 3

A sentence never written before in the history of the world.
No, I think you'll find that it was said by Lord Palmerston at the funeral of King William IV. Although he said it in Swahili, so as to not cause offence.
  • Like 2

...I'll stick my parsnip n sprouts junk in the correct recepticle

This is VT, you'll never be encouraged to stick your junk in the correct receptacle. ;)
:clap: [emoji38]

Got this total bitch of a client right, she doesn't like me because she would like someone older doing her work, I'm 26 the two other people here on my level aren't even close to my level of qualification, and in terms of exams I'm also more qualified than my boss now, who owns the business. Anyway she was proving exceptionally difficult all through out the work in Jan/Feb really speaking down to me and what not. So after 3 days off, I come back to a message from her that she's told my boss that she is "very unhappy & extremely annoyed" that she came all the way in (20mins drive) to collect her stuff and that her cash book was missing. Luckily I've an email from her on the 20th of Jan saying she called to collect the cash book as I no longer needed it.  :D

• Like 2

We got our first big client for the family business(accounting) ....once the bills are paid I'm trading in my heap of shit car

Must have been a lot of depressed heads in Meath Monday morning MV.

We got our first big client for the family business(accounting) ....once the bills are paid I'm trading in my heap of shit car

Must have been a lot of depressed heads in Meath Monday morning MV.

Sure was
  • Like 1

Got this total bitch of a client right, she doesn't like me because she would like someone older doing her work, I'm 26 the two other people here on my level aren't even close to my level of qualification, and in terms of exams I'm also more qualified than my boss now, who owns the business. Anyway she was proving exceptionally difficult all through out the work in Jan/Feb really speaking down to me and what not. So after 3 days off, I come back to a message from her that she's told my boss that she is "very unhappy & extremely annoyed" that she came all the way in (20mins drive) to collect her stuff and that her cash book was missing. Luckily I've an email from her on the 20th of Jan saying she called to collect the cash book as I no longer needed it.  :D

Just got another phone call from her saying the cash book was not in her possession and she was also missing bank documents, she then found them on the phone and called her self an idiot. Then emailed me this. 

"

Thanks again Chris for being so helpful. Cash book was here and all bank documents at the bottom of the bag.

With my thanks and best wishes.

Geraldine." 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â