Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 pints and 8 hours sleep and I can function at least 80% effective the next day.

It's number 5 that's the problem. Because 5 inevitably leads to 6, then I'm proper in the sticky.

A quiet after work pint watching the u-21 footie in a pub in Brussels ending in me getting back to my hotel room at 5 am this morning after chatting to some local lads about football followed by a few hours rendition of "oh Chritian Benteke "

I'm on the Eurostar now somewhat wrecked Mrs H will meet me at Woking station wondering why I look like I've been on a lads weekend :)

• Like 1

4 pints and 8 hours sleep and I can function at least 80% effective the next day.

It's number 5 that's the problem. Because 5 inevitably leads to 6, then I'm proper in the sticky.

A quiet after work pint watching the u-21 footie in a pub in Brussels ending in me getting back to my hotel room at 5 am this morning after chatting to some local lads about football followed by a few hours rendition of "oh Chritian Benteke "

I'm on the Eurostar now somewhat wrecked Mrs H will meet me at Woking station wondering why I look like I've been on a lads weekend :)

Similar happened to me away for the United game. We went back to the hotel around 7, slightly merry but in need of an early night. 5am rolled in after an entire bottle of gin and I'm chatting and singing Paul McGrath with a couple of very friendly and knowledgeable Irish United fans. Hotel security had to gently remove us.

I live on the coast now,  have done for 15 years.  My physical and mental health have improved ever since.  I live about 100 metres from the beech in Holland.

And 50 metres from the larch.

And twenty metres from the horse chestnut.

;)

• Like 2

A post meeting visit to Museum of Wales, Cardiff branch. Some stunning exhibits on at the moment, an absolute joy of a quiet off peak wander.

The 'new' dinosaur they recently found just down the coast from here was on display. The Chalkie Davies photo's were on display, some really impressive shots of The Specials, Dr Feelgood, Jam et al including a photo of John Lydon that was just beautiful. Plus there was a modern ceramics exhibition. It's my secret pleasure, a nice bit of modern pottery, really gets me going. If ever I win the lottery that I don't buy tickets for, that's what I'd do, get a kiln and get creating anxious, sinewy, impossible pieces of ceramic.

18769110550_7d7b609d44_k.jpg

Been a bit of a mad week but worth it. Had a phone call from a graduate recruiter randomly last Monday who asked what I was after etc. She interviewed me over the phone and invited me to an assessment centre yesterday. After that, the 48 were whittled down to 17 and I was in :)

Now I have 3 interviews with 3 amazing sounding companies lined up so I could have a job by Friday next week!

So excited :D

• Like 1

Been a bit of a mad week but worth it. Had a phone call from a graduate recruiter randomly last Monday who asked what I was after etc. She interviewed me over the phone and invited me to an assessment centre yesterday. After that, the 48 were whittled down to 17 and I was in :)

Now I have 3 interviews with 3 amazing sounding companies lined up so I could have a job by Friday next week!

So excited :D

Good luck mate  :thumb:

• Like 1

Problem is 4 pints is just about the point where you start thinking, "**** it! I'm gonna go buy a bottle of whiskey."

Not for me, even when I was younger. It's the point where. I want another pint, and then another, etc. The bottle of whisky comes out in very different circumstances - at home, with some favourite music playing.

Today, I was about to make a joke about baggies fans, to the baggie who sits behind me at work... and he turned around and told me that the guy that sits directly in front of his mate at The Hawthorns smells of shit and has done for the 10 years he's been going.

I forgot what I was going to say, but it didn't matter. It wouldn't have been as funny as that.

• Like 2

World of difference in attitude and professionalism today in the closed season grudge match played on a neutral ground between Barry Town Fans vs Port Talbot Ultras.

Barry have turned up in the kindly donated league team's kit from last season - a couple of them look a little tight admittedly. Port Talbot have a kit best described as 'wear something mostly blue'.

It's also noticeable that Barry have 11 players on the pitch and P'Talbot have 14. Apparently that's allowed because some of them are only small.

Half time, 1:1

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â